FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Food trailer without Commissary

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fireman_pete
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25 15 12:45 pm    Post subject: Food trailer without Commissary Reply with quote

Hi All,

I think I recall reading that several members on the ring operate BBQ trailers (either vending and/or catering) and their state has approved there trailers at true mobile kitchens, thus they do not need to park/operate out of a commissary.

Does anyone know if California has a system like this?

I am ready to upgrade our trailer, but the closest commissary is 45 miles away. Would love to find a way to operate (legally) without having to park at the commissary every day.

Thanks!

Pete
Pete's Firehouse BBQ
-Award Winning BBQ, Catering & Spice Rubs
www.petesfirehousebbq.com
fish&q
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25 15 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's time to call the state and ask them that question.
Fla made it a lot easier when they change it to where I don't have to go to a commissary every day I'm cooking
Meadow Creek chicken cooker
fireman_pete
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26 15 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried contacting the state of several occasions, and cannot get to anyone who can give the right information.

Was just trying to see if there is even an opportunity to do this like other states, and see if anyone in CA has is operating this way.

What changed in FL to allow you to operate with the commissary on a daily basis?

TIA

Pete
Pete's Firehouse BBQ
-Award Winning BBQ, Catering & Spice Rubs
www.petesfirehousebbq.com
fish&q
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26 15 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete I wish I had an answer for you but from the time I started talking to the state until I finally made the decision to buy a trailer things changed. Maybe BBQMAN will chime in and have an answer about the changes in FLA
Meadow Creek chicken cooker
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26 15 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in Wi the key was having a minimum of 40 gal fresh water and 15% more waste water capacity and a 3 bay sink that can accommodate 50% of the largest pot or pan you use, plus hand wash sink. Most "food trucks" aka old bread truck re-vamps are not set up with such large capacity.
My first rig has 40 gal fresh and 80 gallon waste thanks to an error on the manufacturers part!! They originally put in 40 and 40....Then paid a local camper shop to add an additional 40 gal waste tank!!
My new rig, I installed a 40 gal fresh and 50 gal waste with a full size 4 bay sink [ plus hand wash ] which really impressed the state inspector - leading her to get me waivers for both rigs! I can use the local "camping world" to fill with potable water and drain waste, but also have access to my original commissary since I buy all my sausage etc. from his meat market.
Also, here in Wi. , any food licensed facility [ i.e. gas station, food market, butcher shop etc ] with a food license of any kind - food h.d. or agricultural, mop sink and state tested water can be used as a commissary.
We can now easily go 3 days without needing to refill or dump if needed with conscious conservation.
Being Blessed with income from my passion!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
cjschuckwagon
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12 15 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent vended in cali for 10 years, back then if you were a mobile food preperation unit, you needed a commisary. The only way to vend otherwise is to be under the umbrella of a special event not to exceed x number of days...cj
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Vending All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: