FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

vending non BBQ

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cosmic Q

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10 15 9:32 am    Post subject: vending non BBQ Reply with quote

If you are vending a non meal item, say roasted corn, would still take 10% of the crowd and devide by the number of venders? Thanks.
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10 15 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my part of the country,[ Wi.] corn is HUGE, a big part of the crowds want some!! One corn vendor sets up a table of seasonings and mayo [ a build your own Mexican street corn area] and sells so much he cant keep up...I have watched boy scout troops leave early at every event they do in the area as they sell out of the stuff! I remember a buck an ear days, now guy's get $3-$4!! / ear if its good!
The stuff holds for 3-4 hrs without issue from my experience, I use a 55 gallon drum over a turkey fryer to steam it when we do make it - up to 200 ears at a time !
I dont do it vending often because we cant keep up the way it is.and its good income for scout troops..YMMV!
Being Blessed with income from my passion!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
cjschuckwagon
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07 15 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cooked corn in husk with silk left alone, no prep at all. Over direct charcoal heat turning often. Plenty of char but served with butter and mexican toppings, mayo cheese lime and pico d gayo (sp?) , sold out every time. Make aenough ahead to fill a large ice chest...hundred or so...helps to keep up...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Vending All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: