FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bryans BBQ Baked Beans - Sweet and Spicy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xring01
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21 15 12:16 am    Post subject: Bryans BBQ Baked Beans - Sweet and Spicy Reply with quote

I made this on a whim, for a poker party... My poker buddys are some very big men.. Bigger ones are 6'8" well over 400lbs..

In addition I served BBQ Beef Sandwiches (SMoked/Pulled Chuck/Pot Roast) home made cole slaw.. Wifes top secret recipe.

Several of the guys, stated they dont like Smoked BBQ Beans, to sweet, which gave me the idea to spice it up.. I came up with the below..

They destroyed it, literally.. Rave reviews, "Best I ever had", "My God" Everyone of them went back for more...

If any of you guys use it, please let me know the feed back you recieve.

Bryan Smoked BBQ Beans – Sweet and Spicy
2 55oz Cans Bushs Original Baked Beans
1 Whole Onion Medium– Chopped ¼ - 3/8” Chunks
1 Green Pepper - Chopped ¼ - 3/8” Chunks
1 Red Pepper - Chopped ¼ - 3/8” Chunks
3 Jalepenos – Remove seeds, Chopped
2-3 Hot Links – Chopped (Cut links in half length wise, then about 3/16” side cuts)
1 Cup Apple Juice
Pork Rub to taste
½ Cup of Molasses
****The above makes just about everyone happy, (My pork rub has some heat to it) if you want more heat, then Chili/Cheyenne/Chipotle Powder Or your favorite Hot Sauce.. I would not recommend anything with to much vinegar though…

In a large skillet, a bit less than a qtr stick of butter, bit of olive oil, onions, bell peppers, jalepenos, fresh garlic if you have have it, some pork rub. Saute for 5 minutes on med heat or until about half way done. Add the Hot links, saute another 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat,

In a large foil pan, pour the Baked Beans in, the contents of the skillet (onions, peppers, peppers, hot links etc), 1 Cup of Apple Juice, ½ Cup of Molasses and some more Pork Rub… If the Hot Links are completely cooked, give it a taste test, and tailor the seasoning to your liking.

Put it on the smoker at 225-275 degree range 3-4 Hours, until it reduces down to the consistency you like. I used Red Oak Logs for this smoke.. One of my favorites.

The reason I add the apple juice, adds a bit of liquid, so it doesn’t reduce down to fast, which allows you to keep it in the smoker for a longer period of time, giving it more smoke flavor.

After a couple of hours, give it a taste test, add any final seasoning addition you need…
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Other recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: