FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lincoln Weld Pak 175

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cowboyupbbq

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09 15 11:25 pm    Post subject: Lincoln Weld Pak 175 Reply with quote

Long time lurker, first time poster. Love the welding forum. Started doing some small welding with a 135 Wire feed, and wanting to build my own stickburner. Thinking I will need something larger/hotter for better penetration on 1/4" steel, I have been looking at larger MIG units and/or Arc welders. Probably won't use it much beyond this one project and concerned about the learning curve on arc welding, I am leaning toward a 220v MIG welder. It appears Miller is the leader in the industry, but the pricetag goes along with it and people want near retail on CL. Anyone have experience with a Lincoln Weld Pak 175HD?

Thanks,

Eric
k.a.m.
BBQ Mega Star

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10 15 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad you are enjoying the welding forum cowboyupbbq. Very Happy
I have zero knowledge of wire feed machines but I do know the 175 will do what you want.
Another alternative in the 220 volt range is Hobart, they are built by Miller. I hope a few of the more knowledgeable folks chime in on your question.

Hybrid Cooker
dwilliams35
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11 15 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the "predecessor" to that Lincoln if I'm not mistaken, a "pro mig 175": it's been a good machine, and has done pretty much anything I've asked of it. The only problems I've ever had with it always just got fixed with replacing the gun liner, drive roller, etc.
Cat797
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20 15 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cowboyupbbq,

I have an older version of that machine as well, I believe a 180HD.........It has been a very good machine. The only thing with the smaller machines, is that they only have a 30% duty cycle. There were some welds on my build that bumped up against the duty cycle. Other than that, it's been great.

Ed
Weber 22.5 Performer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Welding All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: