FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

States With Only 1-2 Judging Classes Per Year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Competition BBQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
feldon30
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02 15 4:36 am    Post subject: States With Only 1-2 Judging Classes Per Year Reply with quote

I live near the border of North Carolina and South Carolina. Each year, there are only two KCBS judging classes in NC and one in SC, a total of three classes for the birthplace of BBQ Rolling Eyes. They fill up fast and I've had no luck getting into a class. It's also hard to know if I'll have a specific Saturday open four months in advance. I contacted kcbs.us to ask if they would be adding more classes and they said they would but I haven't seen any improvement.

So for 2016, I want to make sure I get into one of these classes. Without being rude, what is the best way to ensure that happens? Should I mail a letter to these places since it would have more impact than an e-mail?

Anyone else have this problem?
SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03 15 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have the same problem out here in the wonderful west with often only a single class in the year.

If I was looking to take a class, I'd plan on a vacation so you know you're off on the day of the class, classes tend to be either on Thursday evenings or sometimes on Wednesday evening. The local cooks get to cook for the class so some don't like cooking Thursday / then Friday - Saturday at a competition, so if they can put the instructor up an extra night in a hotel they push the class to the Wednesday.

So find somewhere where they are doing a class http://www.kcbs.us/kcbs-classes/judge then work your holiday around it!

I still work here!
feldon30
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04 15 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response. The classes here tend to be on Saturday. I'm really just trying to figure out the best way to make sure I'm signed up for next year. I guess I just need to start calling NOW for next year and be a pest. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Competition BBQ All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: