FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My BBQ Sauce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Rubs, Marinades, Brines, Mops & Sauces
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cory Hess
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23 15 2:55 am    Post subject: My BBQ Sauce Reply with quote

There are some great BBQ Sauce recipes here, and I have used a lot of them over the last couple of years. The problem is that most Wisconsin crowds aren't used to a vinegar or mustard based sauce, but they're so delicious that I couldn't go back to store bought after having my eyes opened. I attempted to make a sauce that was better than store bought, but would still appeal to my friends and families. I think it's a pretty simple recipe and everybody raves about it, so I thought I'd share. I started by looking up a ton of different recipes and trying to simplify them down to common ingredients that are found in just about all sauces and then adding in what I thought would make it better. The first couple batches were complete failures, but eventually I ended up with this:

2 Cups Ketchup
1/2 Cup Vinegar
1/2 Cup Molasses
1 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Allspice
1 Tsp Ancho Pepper
1 Tsp Aleppo Pepper
1 Tsp Paprika
1/2 Tsp Hot Sauce
1/2 Tsp Mace
1 Tsp Cumin
1/2 Tsp Pepper
1/2 Tsp Mustard Seed

The ancho and aleppo are just two peppers I happened to have on hand. Those could be easily substituted out or just use one or the other. I usually make triple or quadruple batches. I keep most of my recipes in as small of batches as possible because it's easier for me to multiply for larger batches than divide for smaller ones.

Anyways, let me know if you try it. Hopefully you'll like it.

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Rubs, Marinades, Brines, Mops & Sauces All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: