FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Window cover for the truck

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff T
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun May 10 15 2:43 pm    Post subject: Window cover for the truck Reply with quote

Well folks after fixing hail jobs at work for the last year and a half i figured i`d better get a cover built before hail season this year. I`d hate to tear it all apart and replace a broken window. Its fastened in from the inside. Rolling Eyes

You know me, same redneck in-gin-newity... Simple design aluminum diamond plate(cause its cool), aluminum frame, a few hinges, hand full of rivets some glue and duct tape, new support rods to tie it all together. Ta Da! Done deal!
Painted the white-ish rusty looking wheels black too!

Ya know after working on this truck for the last few years building it the way i want it and making needed repairs on engine(new cam), new radiator, rear breaks, front end work, rear tires bla bla bla. She is running great! Drives nice for a 1980 Dodge. I`m thinking about selling it and getting a BBQ porch concession trailer. Haul it all in one rig, one nice neat package. Traded off my little Ford Ranger pickup for a Chevy Silverado 4X4. I gots me a tow vehicle now Wink Oh well we`ll see.......
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Mon May 11 15 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lookin good Jeff!!
A small rubber flap or metal flashing from the new cover to the rig will make her water tight/ drip free during rains...Though my awning seems to leak right there Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Being Blessed with income from my passion!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
Jeff T
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue May 12 15 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea Tony i`ll rig something up!
I never thought of that. Rolling Eyes Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Vending All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: