FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Destructive customers, always busting things up!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07 15 1:42 am    Post subject: Destructive customers, always busting things up! Reply with quote

For the 3rd time this year, I have had to replace the flush handle on our water filled turd receptacle and disposal system. (the toilet)

This Philistines/primates keep on busting it!

How in the phuQQing hell?
Seriously, it is a flush lever, not a an arcade game machine to test your strength!
It's not a centuries old valve that shuts down the municipal water system for the great Chicago metro area. It is a simple flush lever!

I am half-ass tempted to get an all steel prison crapper in there! Then some moron will probably try tearing that out of the goddamned floor!

Since last fall, I have been forced to implement an hourly bathroom inspection by our staff to make sure things are not broken, missing, or generally disgusting.

I started doing this because I walked in there to check things out one especially busy day just to look to make sure things were alright.
I found the moon-floss holder torn off the wall, the hand soap dispensers also torn off the wall, the paper towel holder busted open with hand towels spilling out.
I have also found soiled feminine hygiene products stuffed into some rather interesting places,
places that were not the garbage can, or the special closed top container that the HD says I must provide for them., Oh no! They were stuffed into picture frames, a faux potted plant, and a decorative piece made from distressed copper/

What in the flying phuQ is with these people?

If anything is going to make me walk away from this industry, this is it!

What kind of foul and disgusting things have you stepped into at your places?

At least nobody has pulled an "Upper Decker" yet, but they seem to be well-versed in the art of "Dry-Docking"

Oh, and the motion detecting light switch, they busted that several times already too.
I give up,
You food truck guys obviously have the right idea,
RodinBangkok
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07 15 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although vandalism in toilets is pretty rare here, its not uncommon to see some very messy scenes.
Our biggest problem in this corner of the world is mainland Chinese tourists, that are well to put it nicely quite uneducated in the ways of common etiquette.
There's been a lot of press lately about this and the travel folks are printing flyers to help educate the tourists. Such things as drying your undies on the chairs in the airport waiting room, or washing your feet in the sinks to name a few.
Some resto's here have gone so far as to ban tour groups from their establishments because of the mess they leave behind.
Put the restroom key on a stick and have someone stick there head in the door when its returned, may be going a bit far and time consuming, but you'll be sending the message, we are watching anyway.
qfanatic01
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07 15 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the northwood's gene pool is a bit shallow. Go with a key.
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07 15 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moon-floss.....spewed coffee right there....LOL!!
True story - Last summer, after eating at a dickies BBQ, The Mrs broke down and said " if this place survives, you can start looking for a building" [ for 5 years she kept saying "were going to lose our house if you do this ]...I was in hot persuit of a few potential spots]...Then, one early morning, I sat contemplating the possibilities, when this whole crap house scenario [ similar ] started running through my head! THATS the very moment I decided to add to my fleet [ of now 2] Food trucks! I am more than enough capable of building and maintaining a crapper from scratch, but the thought of having to leave the kitchen to maintain others inability to hit a bowl, garbage can etc. just made my decision on the spot!
I feel for ya brother! We use used car lot and gas station facilities, giving sammiches [ and now taco's etc. ] to the staff on duty to not have to deal with others doodie....
Ethic's, morals and civility are about over in most cultures..I live in the country, so the world IS my bathroom when working around the house etc. Just dont need to be cleaning up after others!
Being Blessed with income from my passion!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08 15 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

qfanatic01 wrote:

Its typically when we have a big tourist weekend when things get busted up.
Since we do not have a full bar with liquor, we do not get a huge crowd of locals. They are all about getting their drink on instead of eating decent food.

I have seen statistics that the county that we reside in has the highest drunk driving arrests/convictions record in the nation.

They're not alcoholics, they are professionals!
Lewis Black tells it best!!

https://youtu.be/7WlwumGkSec
jess
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08 15 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry Nutczak wrote:
qfanatic01 wrote:

Since we do not have a full bar with liquor, we do not get a huge crowd of locals. They are all about getting their drink on instead of eating decent food.

I have seen statistics that the county that we reside in has the highest drunk driving arrests/convictions record in the nation.

They're not alcoholics, they are professionals! Your numbers might be right Harry but if most of the cops in S. Fla. were not high, drunk, or on the take, AND the press wants no negative publicity the north woods would look like a kindergarden...

RodinBangkok
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08 15 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry Nutczak wrote:
qfanatic01 wrote:

They're not alcoholics, they are professionals!

Having come of age in S. Wisc, we were pretty much partying full time from the age of about 15, some things don't change, seems Wisc has always been a party state.
We don't have the FOH hassles with the boozers, its nice to be able to sell from our mobile units, and leave the hassle to the venue folks, best of both worlds!
lantern
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08 15 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry. Stories like yours and the fact that as an electrical and plumbing contractor I go INTO these people's houses have made my decision to one day have a food truck instead of a restaurant that much easier.

I just don't understand the mongrel nasty folks that roam the Earth these days. I really don't.

As much as I'd love to suggest the key idea I can't. It gives off the gas station vibe to me and I doubt you want that even though they are treating your restroom just like they do a gas station crapper.
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09 15 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my quest to "gorilla proof" the piss-barn, I found that the trip lever breaking is a common problem with Mansfield turd handlers.
Especially the 160 model tank.
The main seal deforms, and creates the need for increased pressure on the flush lever while trying to flush, so people go "Lou Ferrigno " on the lever and break it.

Mansfield is sending me free seals for all the crappers.
I didn't even need to go into ballistic mode, it is a known problem and apparently a design flaw. So free of charge for seals.

So this'll get me one step closer to making the turd-catchers less prone to breakage, hopefully......
SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09 15 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might also look for a botty review of better mechanisms.

Just don't set those automatics to give swirlies, if you just lean forward beyond the sensor range! Embarassed

I still work here!
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09 15 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoEzzy wrote:
You might also look for a botty review of better mechanisms.

Just don't set those automatics to give swirlies, if you just lean forward beyond the sensor range! Embarassed

Thanx,

I do plan on adding a chain to the lever instead of the current trip mechanism, it should stop over-travel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Commercial BBQ All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: