FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First Vend was a success!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
loafy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03 15 1:33 am    Post subject: First Vend was a success!! Reply with quote

First off want to thank all the ringers on here for answering my dumb questions Rolling Eyes I have learned more on here in a few months than I could of in years on my own.

with that being said, I set up this weekend for our annual groundhog day event in Punxsutawney. I sold out of ribs both days ended up selling out of pulled chicken and had a great weekend.

I have to figure out how to cook and hold more ribs as I sold 18 racks (which is all I cooked for day 1) in an hour and I loaded my cooker sunday morning with 28 racks and sold them by 1:00 pm sunday. I probably turned 40-50 rib customers down this weekend which cost me some major $$$. All in all though it was a great first vend and we learned allot the next one should be much better.
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03 15 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GREAT to hear Loafy!! Cool Cool Cool
Next time, go big or stay home Wink Wink
Being Blessed with income from my passion!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
loafy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03 15 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Tony's BBQ wrote:

yea I think I will be upgrading to the 108" lang next year for when I get the trailer. I am cooking off of a A1 competition cooker from VA custom pits right now ( 30x60 ) with 2 racks but I need to be able to do more ribs!
fish&q
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03 15 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job, It's always better to sell out and leave some money on the table than to way overcook and lose your butt. I've done both
Meadow Creek chicken cooker
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03 15 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loafy wrote:
Mr Tony's BBQ wrote:

yea I think I will be upgrading to the 108" lang next year for when I get the trailer. I am cooking off of a A1 competition cooker from VA custom pits right now ( 30x60 ) with 2 racks but I need to be able to do more ribs!

If your serious about a 108, I would see if Ben will add more shelves [ I am confident he will ] - ribs are thin, shelves can be removed! I personally built "the scrapper" in my signature so I can do several cases of ribs at a time, leaving my Lang 84D for upwards of 450 pounds butts and briskets. Cool Cool
Being Blessed with income from my passion!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
loafy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04 15 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great Idea Tony!! I am definitely serious about the 108. I set up this weekend thinking I would be serving mostly out of town folks, I bet I didn't serve 5 all weekend it was all local people. I am going to see how this summer goes but my plan is to get my trailer this fall and spend the winter in the garage customizing it. Ribs are definitely the popular Item here, I guess its because there isn't anywhere within about 30 miles to get any ribs.

have been looking at trailers, not sure I want to go with a 20 footer or if I could get away with something a little smaller. the ones with the 4ft porch look like they wouldent have enough room for my fat @$$ to stand and work in my pitt but im not sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Vending All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: