FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kansas City BBQ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Juan58

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07 15 6:29 am    Post subject: Kansas City BBQ Reply with quote

I will be in Kansas City next week for business and all my meals but one have been set up by a co worker. Only one that is a 'que joint. Fiorella's Jack Stack, which I hear is well regarded.

So my question is with only one shot at 'que other than mentioned above. Where would you go? I am all for off the beaten path dives with sticky floors, dim lights and smoke stained ceilings. Just as long as it has damn fine 'que.
Prairie Smoke

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10 15 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack Stack is nice, a bit upscale, and I've had some decent food there. I am going to recommend a place that has completely raised the bar for 'Que in that city... A place run by a former KCBS team of the year chef, a place that has received major press from all around the country.

Q39. Check it out.

When I was down for the Royal we at their our first night... We returned two more times before I left town. Everything was spot on perfect.

Plowboys in Blue Springs is also really good and pretty new.

Of course you'll learn about Oklahoma Joe's (now renamed Joe's Kansas City) - IMO they ruled the city for many years, many folks still consider them #1 and rightly so.
JR Enterprises 23-60 pit
Traeger 200, Lil Tex, Memphis Pro, Yoder YS640
WSMs, UDS
FEC-100 x2, Primo oval XL
Weber 22" kettle & smokey joe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: