FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rick's BBQ Tn.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06 14 9:05 am    Post subject: Rick's BBQ Tn. Reply with quote

I say just Tn because they are franchising, and chances are, it will be pretty much the same at every local....
Owner was a pleasant young lady, Dad had set her up in a remodeled car wash in Murfreesboro, Tennessee.
The drive through was somewhat busy, but the 'raunt was empty, so the owner was pleased to chat. She was proud that there wasnt a smoker on site, that it was all pre-cooked at her Uncles main building somewhere else, and he was adding more smokers to fill all his franchised places.....It was obvious it was steam heated to order...'cept maybe the ribs....the bones were soft leading me to think they had been held in steam all day, or weekend....rib meat was mushy, but tasted like pork...Nothing more really......
All in all, everything was edible...She gave me a special sampler platter for a real cheap price, and I told her so!!
"Beef" tasted like beef...no real smoke flavor at all. We had a nice conversation about beef....she said she sold "beef roast" beef...asked me what a brisket was, what part of the animal it came from....She hoped to try some some day....
Pork also had little to no smoke flavor, watery but not too over cooked. Didnt notice any bark or seasoning...
Didnt care for the pulled ham, at all....
Chicken was actually the best thing on the plate! Actually had smoke flavor, and you could see the marks where it was clamped on to some form of basket and cooked over coals.
Deep fried lg tater tot like slab [ like at a chain burger joint
] and a pc of Texas toast.
Beans and slaw were ok.
Their traditional red BBQ sauce was good, the hot tasted like a lot of tabasco in the regular sauce, the white sauce was house made and was sweet.
Its city folk bbq..Prices were extremely cheap IMHO, most meats selling for around $7 / pound!! I think it will make it as city bbq....I am confident its better than wendys......

Nice girl, great personality and attitude for not knowing BBQ...
Being Blessed with income from my passion!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: