FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chicken Livers....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Other Meat Recipes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
polock
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26 08 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why is this a sticky?
weber genesis E-320
Weber Performer
Smokey joe
2 UDS's (love em)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26 08 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

polock wrote:
why is this a sticky?

Because I like smoked chicken liver pate, and I have the power to make things into stickys. Razz Wink Laughing

I still work here!
CrazyChef
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26 08 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool!!!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
polock
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27 08 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guess that sums it up.. just though decent threads were suppost to be stickys :p
weber genesis E-320
Weber Performer
Smokey joe
2 UDS's (love em)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27 08 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With more than 10,000 views it's a thread that folks are looking at, if that doesn't define a good thread, or a bad thread or even just a thread that people look at because they can't believe it, I will bow to everyone elses choices of what defines a good thread.

Perhaps you should choose the next one? Wink Laughing Wink

I still work here!
polock
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30 08 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll choose the next one Smile how about one that involves people sending me free samples of their micro brews to be judged Very Happy
weber genesis E-320
Weber Performer
Smokey joe
2 UDS's (love em)
morick
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10 08 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last few threads i just couldent stop laughing lol.

Never smoked chicken livers, but i stopped at a gas station off the interstate couple years ago and bought some chester fried chicken livers. They were very juicy so i turned on the dome light to take a peak at this fried liver and....... blood started running on my arm.Yea... this ordeal kinda put a damper on them for quite some time.
trapper
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23 08 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I make a kind of rumaki quite a bit, but I don't have a recipe. I wrap a chicken liver and slice of water chestnut in bacon and marinade it in a soy sauce/spice mixture, then low and slow grill it. Very tasty if you like liver at all and the crunch from the chestnut is great.
polock
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24 08 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

morick wrote:
Last few threads i just couldent stop laughing lol.

Never smoked chicken livers, but i stopped at a gas station off the interstate couple years ago and bought some chester fried chicken livers. They were very juicy so i turned on the dome light to take a peak at this fried liver and....... blood started running on my arm.Yea... this ordeal kinda put a damper on them for quite some time.

dude i would have been pissed... did you eat all but one and then go back and demand a refund lmao
weber genesis E-320
Weber Performer
Smokey joe
2 UDS's (love em)
morick
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15 08 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope Polock, just ate a few before i noticed something wasent right i dident return them i just flat out wont go back , Would you?
The Creeper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08 09 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roxy wrote:
Got to love chicken livers and turkey and duck and goose... Oh yeah,

Please post your recipe for the pate if you could be so kind. Do you use smoked livers..??

Aw man, my mom makes the best liver pate. We had it ever Christmas Eve when I was a kid. Great stuff. I think she put like pickle relish in it or something. That kind of sounds sick now, but livers are the good. Terrible for you though.
jess
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat May 11 13 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the liver lovers have all died out Sad Great more for me Laughing Laughing
jess
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21 13 5:15 am    Post subject: C L lovers unite Reply with quote

Come on folks there has to be more people out there that like fried chicken livers with hot sauce, livers wrapped in bacon, or pates....
bkvanbek

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26 14 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I get giblets with a chicken I put them alongside the bird. They are a special appetizer for the cook. The liver is the best.
so I just bought a pound of livers looking for ideas. Going to make them with brisket, kidney, blood sausage, small intestines and thymus gland. For friends this weekend.
if you dont try guts you are missing out. The sweatbreads, thymus gland and pancreas are the best. Or maybe the blood sausage.
bkvanbek

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26 14 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I get giblets with a chicken I put them alongside the bird. They are a special appetizer for the cook. The liver is the best.
so I just bought a pound of livers looking for ideas. Going to make them with brisket, kidney, blood sausage, small intestines and thymus gland. For friends this weekend.
if you dont try guts you are missing out. The sweatbreads, thymus gland and pancreas are the best. Or maybe the blood sausage.
Frosty
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06 14 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I smoke chicken livers quite often. I just put them on a perforated tray ( spray with butter flavored pam first), a little rub, and an hour will do it. (250`). Sometimes I then toss in a frypan with real butter for a quik saute. I like to crumble them up and put in stuffing, along with smoked chestnuts, YUM!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Other Meat Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: