FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Success Story

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff T
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04 14 9:52 am    Post subject: Success Story Reply with quote

Hello All !
Been a busy summer haven't had much time. I just wanted to share about an event we vended last Saturday. While surfing Facebook a month ago i ran across a post about an upcoming concert in my area featuring Willie Nelson and Neil Young.

Hmmm interesting a concert 40 minutes from me in the middle of a corn field. Well i followed the links and low and behold they wanted food venders. I emailed the guy and a couple of weeks later we`re in! Cooked three hundred pounds of butts, brisket and chicken. Sandwiches, plated meals and nachos were on the menu.

Dropped off the van(food truck) that Friday prior to the Saturday event at the farm where the event was held. Passed either Willies or Neils bus that evening heading home. Temped to turn around but didn't. Crying or Very sad Probably wouldn't have got within 500 feet of them anyway.Very Happy

Arrived at the farm Saturday morning about 7.30 am started heating up the meat & by 10 am we were swamped. I never actually counted the line but it had to be at least 80 to 100 head long. Every time i looked out the window it seemed longer and curved more.
Sold out just as the concert was ending. After counting tickets and cash it turned into our highest grossing one day event to date! So proud of my wife and daughter in-law for doing such a great job and getting them all feed. There were seven venders all together. Two of us were BBQ. All had huge lines. Our`s just seemed a wee bit longer though. Mr. Green

Never did get to meet Willie or Neil but i guess we would of been to busy anyway. Here are some pictures.....

Concert Poster

Row of Venders. Mine is the White Truck.

Setting up the Stage.

Waiting for them to open the gates.

Lining up

Getting longer.

End of the line before it curved to the right. Didn't have the time but i wanted to go to the very end of the line and take a picture but i was getting yelled at for leaving the Truck as much as i did. LOL

The Survivors. From the left. My Daughter in-law Stefanie. Me in the middle. My wonderful Wife Doreen.
What a day we had sure was fun and the Music wasn't bad either. Thanks for looking..... Very Happy
brutus1964
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04 14 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a great success story Jeff. I'm glad it worked out and it looked like the weather was great as well. Good job.

"If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got"- Henry Ford
Jeff T
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04 14 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks brutus1964 !
The weather was in the low 80`s. Perfect BBQ weather. Very Happy
jess
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04 14 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, nothing like making hay in a corn field... Smile
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04 14 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Jeff!! One doesnt need to agree with an "agenda" to make a buck off those who do!
'MERICA!!
Wink Very Happy Cool
Being Blessed with income from my passion!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
Canadian Bacon
BBQ Super All Star

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04 14 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Job well done Jeff....nice line of foot traffic up to your window.
Napoleon Legend Gasser
20"& 26" Discada
Two of the fastest Thermapens ever made ... Black& Blue
LIAR #25
SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04 14 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Success Story Reply with quote

Quote:

Getting longer.

This is the picture I would always use, with your truck having a line and the truck next to yours without a single person.

It may or may not reflect the situation by the end of the day, but it create an image of the ravenous crowd ready to be served. Wink

I still work here!
BUGSnBBQ
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05 14 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! SoEzzy's right - It does look like nobody is buying anything next to you. Kinda weird because you figure people at a Willie Nelson concert prolly got the munchies bad Laughing Laughing
The Matt Ryan of LIARS! (#2)

I had the RIGHT to remain silent, I just didn't have the ABILITY.

Support your 2nd Amendment RIGHT. Criminals prefer unarmed victims.
Tony
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05 14 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUGSnBBQ wrote:
Awesome! SoEzzy's right - It does look like nobody is buying anything next to you. Kinda weird because you figure people at a Willie Nelson concert prolly got the munchies bad Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing Good One, Bugs! Shocked Laughing

Congratulations , Jeff "T"- Way Cool to see 'Ya on Top of Your Game, Brother! Wink

Doesn't Get ANY BETTER Than That, I Think! Cool

Best Regards,

Tony Very Happy

P.S. ...Bugs- Have You Checked Your p.m.'s ?
Jeff T
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05 14 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jess... We made hay all right. Wink

Mr Tony... I figured they would have wanted a percentage of sales "for the cause". But they didn't. I did stick a couple of bucks in the donation jugs they had people walking round with. Very Happy

Thanks CB... Looked like that for 6 hours straight. Shocked

SoEzzy... "ravenous crowd" is putting it lightly. When we sold out i thought they`d tip my truck over in protest. Very Happy

BUGSnBBQ... Funny you should mention that. During warm up i think Willies son or some one anyway played a small part of that song by Skynyrd "cant ya smell that smell" "ooo that smell that smell that surrounds you" Of course there were cattle and other such smelly barn yard critters about but we thought it was funny.

Thanks Tony... I was a good day for sure!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: