FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KCBS event Grill Games Kenosha Wi

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22 14 5:49 am    Post subject: KCBS event Grill Games Kenosha Wi Reply with quote

A few weeks ago we did an event at the same park called Taste of Wisconsin, where we sold out all 3 days in a row....I listened to Mrs Tony when she said dont waste the gas pulling a second smoker...She was apologizing 2 hrs into the event!!
This time down, its just 2 days, but we are taking in excess of 1,300 pounds of meat!!

All that, plus the smoker is currently full, plus the freezer on the trailer is full of jalapeno cheddar brats, more rib tips [ a HUGE seller in those parts ] breakfast sausages and 1/3 pound slabs of a German style course ground bologna...cases of slaw and beans, and 2 suppliers within 15 min of the event!! Well over 1000 buns, thousands of boats and plates, and a quite few prayers for good weather, big crowds, and that the DOT man doesnt have time to look us over tomorrow morning !! Embarassed Shocked
Will follow up Sunday, hopefully too sore to type from countin $20.00 bills!! Cool Cool Cool
Being Blessed with income from my passion!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
Smoldering Coals
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22 14 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Luck!!
Cat797
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26 14 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How'd it go? What is the brand on that Bologna? I've been looking for a course bologna............
Weber 22.5 Performer
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27 14 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didnt go quite as well as expected, but we did just fine!! Rain, poor layout [ 3 different area's - one fenced in for competitors, one for foo, beer and bands, one for carnival ] New group running event...gonna have a long talk with them before laying out cash next year! They also deemed, if we were going to sell soda/water, we had to buy it thru them at $1.50 per and sell for $2....proceeds went to local ymca, but damn....left no meat on the bone for profit after buying ice thru them too.....
The bologna is made for me by a local butcher - I was suprized it didnt go over at this event as well as most, but it too freezes well! I have it packages 6 - 1/3 pound slices to a criopack, then freeze...
Tips and ribs went over as expected!! Great considering crowd size and weather!!
we did about $250 in breakfast sammie sales to comp teams Sat am!! I do talk with many of them online - and they are grateful someone is there to help with their hangovers!!! Embarassed Shocked Cool Cool over $7k in sales, but ... for this event, historically has been well over 10K, and I raised my prices from last year! We were the busiest vendor by far, but were the only ones selling BBQ at a BBQ event!! [ unless you consider dickey's to be BBQ...I was GOING to buy/try a sammie from them until I saw them slicing a brisket...THE WRONG DIRECTION[ with the grain, not across ], and it was GREY!! To the middle...HTF does one make a grey to the middle brisket??????] A couple vendors pulled up shop early due to poor sales which only helps us die hards!!Others just bitched...We kept our smiles on and stayed to the bitter end....selling about 10 or 15 sammies / meals in the last hour Sad
I didnt have to buy any meat for 3 days street vending this week....Harley gig this 4 day weekend, so no waste / no worries...except for all the rain in the forecast....AGAIN! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Being Blessed with income from my passion!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Vending All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: