FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So Did Everyone Jump OFF The BBQ Bandwagon?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Mar 04 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see you back Ernie!! Get your rest Bro, Praying all gets well!
Being Blessed with income from my passion!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
erniesshop
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mar 04 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mr.T!
corntortilla

PostPosted: Apr 04 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also a lurker, time to come out and say hello. I joined this to learn how to make a UDS smoker and have been hanging around for a while. I don't post much and i'm too lazy to take pictures, download on computer, then resize and post so I don't really bother posting anything. This thread made me come out and say hello, so Hello!
So much info and experience on this site, I log on every couple of days just to pass some time and see some good food pics and get new ideas. Maybe I'll comment more on stuff if I feel compelled, but seems like you all know each other so I usually stay out of it.
thanks for being my smokering teachers!
SVonhof
BBQ Super Pro

corntortilla wrote:
I'm also a lurker, time to come out and say hello. I joined this to learn how to make a UDS smoker and have been hanging around for a while. I don't post much and i'm too lazy to take pictures, download on computer, then resize and post so I don't really bother posting anything. This thread made me come out and say hello, so Hello!
So much info and experience on this site, I log on every couple of days just to pass some time and see some good food pics and get new ideas. Maybe I'll comment more on stuff if I feel compelled, but seems like you all know each other so I usually stay out of it.

Don't be scared to post! Jump in with both feet and if you don't want to do the whole resizing of images thing, post links of the pictures that are hosted so people can comment and give feedback on what you are doing.
BUGSnBBQ
BBQ Super Pro

SVonhof wrote:
corntortilla wrote:

Don't be scared to post! Jump in with both feet and if you don't want to do the whole resizing of images thing, post links of the pictures that are hosted so people can comment and give feedback on what you are doing.

^^^^^ What he said Laughing ^^^^^
The Matt Ryan of LIARS! (#2)

I had the RIGHT to remain silent, I just didn't have the ABILITY.

Support your 2nd Amendment RIGHT. Criminals prefer unarmed victims.
Maniac
BBQ Super Pro

BUGSnBBQ wrote:
SVonhof wrote:
corntortilla wrote:

^^^^^ What he said Laughing ^^^^^

+2

post away Exclamation Exclamation we all love to here "your" side of a story but if you do not post we may not get a chance Wink

" but seems like you all know each other so I usually stay out of it. " Most only know each other by the computer screen...but it is good when you actually meet someone from the ring...It's a different bond Cool
Big Ron
BBQ Super Pro

Life gets so busy, I have to put hobbies on the back burner for now. Sad, but true. I miss hanging out here for sure, and I miss my BBQ time. Good to see still a strong following here on the Ring.
www.bigronswebsite.com

(Find Big Ron's Rub on Facebook)
Big Ron's Custom Reverse Flow Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQxbfOx_MOE
toymaster
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Apr 05 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually BBQ during the winter, but this winter and all the snow seriously kicked my @$$ this year! It snowed on March 31! That makes it extremely hard for me to get into "BBQ mode" for the spring. Just bought 600 lbs of KBB Very Happy on sale to get things going.
Brinkmann Grill King Deluxe - Baby
Backwoods Party - Victoria
Weber Smokey Joe - Gretchen

USMC - Semper Fi
If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly
Frosty
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Apr 06 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm back now too. It was a real old fashioned winter here, numerous 20 below mornings. It was good for the bowling business tho Very Happy

We got a dusting of snow this morning! Trout season opens the 12th & the ice isn't off the lakes yet~!

I did 2 racks of ribs yesterday, just to see if I remembered how Wink
millstream
BBQ Fan

I'm a hobby farmer and it's calving season for me. Ya'll wanna see more pictures of my calves? Very Happy I never get tired of posting those! Wink
Canadian Bacon
BBQ Super All Star

millstream wrote:
Ya'll wanna see more pictures of my calves? Very Happy I never get tired of posting those! Wink

Yes .......but they better be sitting on charcoal grill. Wink Laughing Laughing
Napoleon Legend Gasser
20"& 26" Discada
Two of the fastest Thermapens ever made ... Black& Blue
LIAR #25
va_connoisseur

toymaster wrote:
I usually BBQ during the winter, but this winter and all the snow seriously kicked my @$$ this year! It snowed on March 31! That makes it extremely hard for me to get into "BBQ mode" for the spring. Just bought 600 lbs of KBB Very Happy on sale to get things going.

I need to find a good sale in KBB. I'm running low from the 300 I bought last fall.

As for "off the BBQ bandwagon", not at all. I am off the made for TV melodrama nonsense. But I am a fan of these and other BBQ forums.
millstream
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Apr 07 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Bacon wrote:
millstream wrote:
Ya'll wanna see more pictures of my calves? Very Happy I never get tired of posting those! Wink

Ok CB, because I know you are interested. Very Happy Here is Rose 14. She's NOT heading for the grill, she's the future of my breeding program. She's just under 3 months old and weights 310 pounds. If you have a problem with her, take it up with the big black cow standing behind her. That's momma 14. 8 years old and just over 1900 pounds. She won't hurt ya... Wink

SVonhof
BBQ Super Pro

Wasn't sure what to do for dinner tonight so I grabbed some party wings. Half have a light rub with minimal heat so we can use some of the Frank's Red Hot Wing sauce and the rest have a spicy rub combination of Oak Ridge BBQ's "Habenero Death Dust" and Weber's Cajun rub.

SVonhof
BBQ Super Pro

My plate (not shown is the dipping bowl of blue cheese dressing):

stetch
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Apr 08 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

crickeys, now that you mention it, I'm not sure when I was on here last. Just hit a slow bit of time and checked for the first time in I don't know how long.

I still point people here all the time for direction when they are new to bbq. And I come here for recipe ideas periodically. But don't check daily like in the old days.

I did nab some URLs one drunken night with the intent of posting my bbq p*rn all in one spot, but never ended up building it out (I sobered up.)

Got three urls though, all suggestive of something else:

openmytoga.com
checkoutmymeat.com
checkoutmyloins.com

you can see they all go to the same site...
Maniac
BBQ Super Pro

millstream wrote:
Canadian Bacon wrote:
millstream wrote:

Ok CB, because I know you are interested. Very Happy Here is Rose 14. She's NOT heading for the grill, she's the future of my breeding program. She's just under 3 months old and weights 310 pounds. If you have a problem with her, take it up with the big black cow standing behind her. That's momma 14. 8 years old and just over 1900 pounds. She won't hurt ya... Wink

Millstream i think CB is thinking he needs a bigger smoker for momma 14 Laughing Wink Laughing
samson
BBQ Pro

Not really an old timer but I'm still here too. More lurking than posting lately. Life has been pretty busy the past couple years so I haven't had too much time to BBQ. Mostly small quick cooks like ribs or chicken a couple times a year. Hoping that will change this spring...

Its good to see so many people still on here. I recommend this site when I can to BBQ beginners. Its truly one of the best on the internet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: