FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need some help with MIG
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RodinBangkok
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01 14 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, this is a variable knob numbered 0-10 with no detents. We don't have a polarity change on this model it is a dedicated MIG unit. No info on this unit on the web, as these type machines are pretty much put together here for use in Thailand and neighboring countries. But the good part about that is the local manufacturers are very good with support and any replacement parts, as without that good service they would not have a lot of customers. So I guess I'll just have to be patient and wait till next week and get the full poop on this setting, I'll let you guys know what I find out.
Thx for the help!
k.a.m.
BBQ Mega Star

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06 14 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any updates on the knob Rod?

Hybrid Cooker
RodinBangkok
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10 14 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay I was out on business for a few days...never a dull moment!
Ok, the third knob is for arc compensation, apparently there is a closed loop feedback system in the welder that will attempt to maintain the arc at specific settings over variations in the probe distance from the welding surface, such as corners.
Here is a link to some technical info on compensation.

LINK

I have not played with this yet, but the way I understand it its mostly valuable for production type welding where the same area with corners and such are being welded repeatedly, by adjusting this to this type situation is supposed to automatically help compensate for different conditions encountered.

If I have a change to play myself soon I'll update this.

Thanks for the help guys.
RodinBangkok
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28 14 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we're up and running now. My main shop guy was very resistant to change, but the welder tech guy got him on board now. We're all impressed with the quality of the welds we get, and my nay sayer resistant to change shop guy finally started using an auto sense welding helmet and is more impressed with that than the welder...too many knobs he says, but still he's using it. I'm getting better at technique, not a lot of time to play yet. Like my dad used to say when I was first learning is that bird $hit or were you welding again!
k.a.m.
BBQ Mega Star

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01 14 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it is all working out for you Rod. Very Happy I was once against an auto helmet until I tried one. I now kick myself often for being so hard headed they are very time saving when doing multiple tacks or stitch welds.

Hybrid Cooker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Welding All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: