FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Home Depot Lincoln ac/dc?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HuskerMan
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15 12 8:08 am    Post subject: Home Depot Lincoln ac/dc? Reply with quote

Anyone ever buy the Lincoln ac/dc arc welder from Home Depot? I see they have the ac/dc model for only $387 which is considerably cheaper than anywhere else I seen it was wondering the reason why.
k.a.m.
BBQ Mega Star

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15 12 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HuskerMan, Home Depot is a Lincoln dealer for home use so I could see them getting a good deal on the machine. Tractor supply beats my WS store all day long on Hobart machines simply because they are Nation wide. That is a good price for a new AC/DC machine no doubt.

Hybrid Cooker
cajun

PostPosted: Mon May 27 13 8:50 am    Post subject: Home Depot Reply with quote

At my Home Depot the AC/DC welder is $487.00 you had better go get you one for a hundred $$$ cheaper Mad
Wreckless
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon May 27 13 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yessir, snag it, run, don't walk. That is a very good price, about $90 more than my HD is selling an A/C only machine for.
Hydro
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05 13 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought one of those Lincolns from Home Depot but by the time UPS got it to the house the casing was beat up. After dealing with returning it I found it easier to go to Tractor Supply. I got the Hobart for about $100 more and it looks just like Millers Thunderbolt. I really like it.
Cat797
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10 13 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my wire feed Lincoln from them a few years ago.....They were hands down about $200 cheaper than anywhere else. From time to time they have some smokin' deals there......

I'd say pick it up.......

Ed
Weber 22.5 Performer
purplewg
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10 13 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Husker, have you done any arc welding before? Have you considered a wire feed welder? I find a wire feed to be much easier to learn and use it probably 98% of the time. I only drag out the arc welder for repairing my farm equipment which is thick metal and rusty most of the time.

Don't squat with your spurs on.........
mike333h

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03 13 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

purplewg wrote:
Husker, have you done any arc welding before? Have you considered a wire feed welder? I find a wire feed to be much easier to learn and use it probably 98% of the time. I only drag out the arc welder for repairing my farm equipment which is thick metal and rusty most of the time.

I can't read anything else because your avatar has prevented me from reading further
purplewg
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03 13 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike333h wrote:
purplewg wrote:

I can't read anything else because your avatar has prevented me from reading further

We aim to please. lololol

Don't squat with your spurs on.........
The Smoker King

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15 13 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had that welder for many years. I used it to build my first pit before I bought a wire feed. I have also completed many other projects with it. I think it is a great machine and has lots of power for the price.
crb478
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18 13 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own that welder and it will do very thing that I need it to do and has been very dependable. I have owned it for close to 20 years now with no problems. That being said I am currently looking for a good 220V or dual volt Mig welder. I think that everyone should learn to weld on a stick, but changing out rods on a big or even small job gets old. I have an older 130 amp 110 mig and it will weld well, but does not do the single pass welds I would like in heavier metals. The Lincoln is a workhorse of a welder though and I probably paid that much for mine all those years ago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Welding All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: