FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BUGSnBBQ
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28 13 4:02 am    Post subject: What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving? Reply with quote

Besides the usual of family and friends...

I'm thankful I'm almost done fixing the damage from a broken pipe (Upstairs, so lots of damage downstairs - UGH!) at my parents house. Just have to finish the painting and put all the chit back where it goes. Oh, and finish cleaning up the MESS I/it made Laughing . Damn sheetrock dust goes EVERYWHERE, no matter HOW much plastic you hang! Twisted Evil Laughing

I'm also thankful that all I have to cook tomorrow is a couple of fried turkeys (cause I'm whooped after this week Laughing )

Happy Thanksgiving Y'all!!!
The Matt Ryan of LIARS! (#2)

I had the RIGHT to remain silent, I just didn't have the ABILITY.

Support your 2nd Amendment RIGHT. Criminals prefer unarmed victims.
Tony
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28 13 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving? Reply with quote

BUGSnBBQ wrote:
Besides the usual of family and friends...

I'm thankful I'm almost done fixing the damage from a broken pipe (Upstairs, so lots of damage downstairs - UGH!) at my parents house. Just have to finish the painting and put all the chit back where it goes. Oh, and finish cleaning up the MESS I/it made Laughing . Damn sheetrock dust goes EVERYWHERE, no matter HOW much plastic you hang! Twisted Evil Laughing

I'm also thankful that all I have to cook tomorrow is a couple of fried turkeys (cause I'm whooped after this week Laughing )

Happy Thanksgiving Y'all!!!

I was waiting for someone here to come forward with this post, ...Happy It was You, Bugs! Very Happy Cool

Yeah...I'm Thankful for ALL that I have...A loving ( Shocked )
wife of 42 years - A miracle of birth son that came after 18 years of "No, Sorry Mrs. "Tony" - You cannot bear a child. Shocked

A lifetime of privilege living in these Great United States of America and the Brave who serve to protect us all...

Most of all, The Blessing of good health at my age.

Yup...That and much more ! Wink

Thanks 'fer postin' up Bugs...Happy Thanksgiving to You and Family! Very Happy

Best Regards,
Tony Very Happy
BigOrson
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28 13 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all of the blessings I have to be thankful (loving wife of 13 years that I love more than when I married her, 3 beautiful, intelligent and healthy kids, a solid roof over my head and enough to eat and relatively good health), I am thankful that the tree that the wind blew onto my house this morning didn't do any real damage to it (bent gutter) and harm anyone inside.
k.c.hawg
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28 13 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so thankful for my wife of 36 years and best friend of 37 years. She is everything a man could have ever asked for. I'm very thankful to have our 3 children and 2 son in laws here for one of the greatest holidays. It has always been our most family oriented holiday with all the attention on each other...........and the FOOD!!!!

I smoked a Turkey yesterday, the traditional turkey is headed to the oven shortly, we'll be deep frying 2 and having a family toast on the deck while smelling the beautiful smells of a family feast getting near. Throw in some football, lazying around on the couch with loved ones, Pecan Pie, Pumpkin Pie and what else can be said. I'm so Thankful for this day.

A Very Happy Thanksgiving to the all the good people of The Ring!!!!
30" Masterbuilt Digital
UDS (Named Uddley by Mrs K.C.)
Weber 26.75 One Touch
Weber 22.5 Silver Touch
Weber Smokey Joe
Superfast Red Thermopen
Razorback born and bred!
Tony
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29 13 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

k.c.hawg wrote:
I'm so thankful for my wife of 36 years and best friend of 37 years. She is everything a man could have ever asked for. I'm very thankful to have our 3 children and 2 son in laws here for one of the greatest holidays. It has always been our most family oriented holiday with all the attention on each other...........and the FOOD!!!!

I smoked a Turkey yesterday, the traditional turkey is headed to the oven shortly, we'll be deep frying 2 and having a family toast on the deck while smelling the beautiful smells of a family feast getting near. Throw in some football, lazying around on the couch with loved ones, Pecan Pie, Pumpkin Pie and what else can be said. I'm so Thankful for this day.

A Very Happy Thanksgiving to the all the good people of The Ring!!!!

Back Ay 'Ya, Hawg...Have a Great Day! Wink

Best Regards,

Tony Very Happy
Tony
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29 13 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring it in Here, Folks!

Open Forum for Giving Thanks Today, Started By None
other than..BUGS n BBQ!

Who's next up? Cool Wink

Best Regards,

Tony Very Happy
BUGSnBBQ
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29 13 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I'm really thankful to be sitting on my arse, watching the Lions/Packers game (Lions putting a whoopin on GB), and watching other people cook Laughing . Oh yeah, and I'm thankful for my beautiful, loving wife who puts up with me Shocked Laughing , and glad our daughter has found a good man to marry (In April) that we both adore very much. One down, one to go Laughing

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

T00lman
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29 13 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thankfull to still be on this earth after a mispent youth and living fast till I reached 40-42 whoooo what a ride it was but now 52 sitting back enjoying the slow lane and in great health .

oh yea and as still sexy

so I think Laughing
#37 liar
1 wsm 18 1/2
1wsm 22 1/2
Old Smoker
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29 13 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thankful for having the health, wealth, love and happiness of family and friends that I do because even though it may not be much to most I feel fortunate for having what I do.
LIAR #29
------------------------------
dmike25
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29 13 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very thankful to be home with my family Very Happy Like BUGSnBBQ said, I'm thankful that someone else is doing the cooking for a family gathering, although it will be my job again come Sunday Laughing
T00lman wrote:
thankfull to still be on this earth after a mispent youth and living fast till I reached 40-42 whoooo what a ride it was but now 52 sitting back enjoying the slow lane and in great health .

+ 1. except you need to add a couple of years to the 52. And thanks to Big Ron for the November sale Laughing
chuie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29 13 10:54 am    Post subject: what I am thank full for Reply with quote

Famlay and frends what more can u ask fore Laughing
BUGSnBBQ
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29 13 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T00lman wrote:
oh yea and as still sexy

Yes. Yes, you are a sexy man Shocked Shocked Embarassed Laughing Laughing

KAKid
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29 13 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, I have a litany of things to be thankful for over my young 60 years, that wouldn't have been probable if I hadn't (at 17), asked my folks to let me quit school and join the Navy, because I knew I needed to "get out of Dodge". My Dad looked at me and said "I was wondering when you were going to ask." For that I am MOST thankful.

Chargriller Outlaw w/SFB and Mods
Pair of UDS's
10 gal CI Chili/Jambalaya pot
Alien BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30 13 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankful for my wife......that she is still here.

She does corporate evaluations for procedures and customer service. She was evaluating a company store/fuel station on Monday and did here initial walk around the facility. She went back to her car which was in the parking area but on the side of the building to get her evaluation paperwork and I called her. She and I talked for about 10 minutes. When she finished with my phone call, she went back in to the store to talk to the manager and found out that from the time she walked out and then returned, the place had been held up and robbed! The only thing that kept her from being in the middle of it was my phone call. God surly does move in mysterious ways and it just goes to show you that every minute we have with loved ones should be cherished.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: