FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finishing pork ribs on the grill?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smcswain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08 13 2:33 am    Post subject: Finishing pork ribs on the grill? Reply with quote

I've got two racks of baby backs going on the WSM right now, and I'm going to throw some Sriracha wings on with them in about an hour. I'm going to wrap the ribs for the last hour of the cook like usual, but I was considering throwing them on the grill afterwards to give them a little crust.

I was planning on grilling them a med-high temp for about 3-5 minutes meat-side down. Does anyone else finish their ribs on the grill, and if so, what temp and for how long?
BluDawg
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08 13 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't but then I don't use Foil either. However I have grilled ribs a number of times only takes about 45 min.
Webber 22 OTS
Memorial UDS "Big Jim"
k.c.hawg
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08 13 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I used to put sauce on ribs I would always have a hot grill waiting.....when they came off the smoker I would put them over hot coals and baste one side and flip, baste the other side and flip. I would go maybe a minute to 90 seconds on each side and move to indirect heat while I did the other sides. It added some char, thickened the sauce and I thought they were outstanding that way. I quit saucing them 4 or 5 years ago so no longer do it. Be cognizant of your rub.....sugar content, paprika and garlic will often burn in a hurry and be careful because if you are foiling and they are close to fall off the bone.....this will ensure that they do fall off the bone if you overdo it.
30" Masterbuilt Digital
UDS (Named Uddley by Mrs K.C.)
Weber 26.75 One Touch
Weber 22.5 Silver Touch
Weber Smokey Joe
Superfast Red Thermopen
Razorback born and bred!
darylb
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08 13 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find finishing on a nice hot grill makes a big difference, especially for ribs that have been foiled. Just enough to tighten them up and set the sauce. As mentioned, if you have any sugar on the surface you just have to stay there with them and make sure not to char them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: