FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More on Dessert Throwdown.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manana
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12 13 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs. K.A.M. wrote:
Well Manana my two cents on this whole situation is this. I joined the Smoke Ring in 2008 knowing it's a Mans playground. There's been Women join hang out for awhile, gripe about the unfairness of the almost naked women pics, try and out testosterone the men, fail at it and quit participating. I pop in and out from time to time with a cook or a comment, because I don't speak their language. There was a time I posted a gorgeous Angel, all he had on was a loin cloth and wings. I might have gotten away with it if I hadn't put it as my avatar 3 sized to big, which started an avatar war as to see who could put the biggest raunchiest one they could find Laughing
So, I said all that to say this, as a woman to be in here, out numbered by men, just know you might not win in a war of the words. Post, participate, have fun, don't let what others say make you quit being in here if you want to be here, and by all means don't let your feelings get hurt. I'm sharing what I've learned Very Happy

Thanks as I said my feelings weren't hurt. I was more pissed off. Also it would take a lot of raunchyness to offend me...probably not something to brag about Laughing

but again thanks for the kind words.
The artist formerly known as Liar #95
(until beertooth whined) NOW Liar #96
Char-Griller Smokin Pro w/SFB
Char-Griller Akorn Kamado
MGeslock
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12 13 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad that you are back in.

As you can see from my post count, I don't have nearly as much as the rest of you, BUT my "lurking" hourly clock will beat any of you.

I do appreciate the time that everyone spends here. It is time taken away from family, friends and other endeavors.

Now.... the niceness is over.... prepare to loose....and cry...and whine.... (just kidding)
Very Happy
Mish
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13 13 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't post nearly as much as a few of you but I think your solution would be to simply advertise a bit more in a more subtle way. I will help out some Smile
30in Masterbuilt Electric Smoker
Manana
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13 13 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mish Laughing
Mish
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13 13 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now if someone who posts way to much and drinks crap beer would add it to his Sig. Laughing Laughing Laughing
30in Masterbuilt Electric Smoker
SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13 13 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it worked Mish!

I still work here!
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13 13 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manana wrote:
Jarhead wrote:
Well this just really SUCKS Manana.
Wish I hadn't went out and spent all of that money now. I could have used it elsewhere.
Thanks!!! Evil or Very Mad

I think it sucks that I can't post a post saying "Go vote in throwdown" Many people just don't pay attention to other threads. I don't want to talk smack about it, I don't want to post naked pics of myself with bacon blocking the girly parts, I don't want to post a 3 page whiner about voting for me. Just a 1 post reminder saying HEY there's a throwdown. Another a couple of weeks later saying VOTE and that's it. That's different than smack talking or pointing out my sausage recipe in the sausage forum. It's a site contest. The other 2 throw downs were able to but now all of a sudden with the dessert one we have to be all proper.

I resemble that remark....only it was a 4 page whiner!
Wanna hear some real f-ing whining....an hour after the polls closed someone acknowledged their loss [ check the time stamps on posts] ....thing is, polls DIDNT close, someone voted as much as 6 HOURS [?] later to make it a tie....go figure....no more "whining" from me on throwdowns, - not because of your calling me out for whining, that doesnt bother me a bit - it was bribery Wink Shocked and I certainly WAS NOT alone in the post!! it was the B.S. of a weeks notice on poll closing date and time, only for it to be B.S..... and not followed thru on......Call that whining if you must, I call it B.S....but if I would have called it foul then, I would have been called a whiner.....
Being Blessed with income from my passion!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
1buckie
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13 13 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I didn't get that either, Mr. T........
mod must have fell asleep somehow & forgot to turn the spigot off............. Shocked

You probably should have been the original winner, the "Bacon King", as it were !!!!!

You're welcome to post my conssesion speech in this thread, if you'd like, we are in the safe confines of the "Throwdown" section..........

the fun part for me though, was sparring with you for days on end.....NOW THAT was fun & fun is what it's about Very Happy
It's gonna say on my tombstone: Died of thick, heavy sauces ~~~~>K
" The Creepy Guy Down the Street With All The Webers"
Manana
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13 13 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not whether it was a whiner or bribing or anything else and I'm glad the 2 of you had fun within it. My point was it went on for a while along with several other posts concerning thowdowns but when mine is posted they all have to be at throwdown and at this point he is just doing what he wants to prove he's the boss and we will listen!!! Nothing with the word throwdown in it will be any where but the throwdown. Mish's signature wasn't out of line or breaking any rules but I can only assume that he messed with Mish on that too and the funny thing is that Mish asked if it was ok and instead of saying "no I'd prefer you not" he had to change it like a little kid. I'm not sure what went down between them but that wasn't cool. Now I'll probably get banned for it but to me he isn't being a fair mod. He's just doing it to show he can.
I'm doing this throwdown now because I told Jarhead I would but my time will be limited here after that unless of course I'm banned again for this post. This site means more to him than it does me and if I bring out that kind of behavior in him, I'll go.

I'd also like to apologize to both of you (Mr. Tony and buckie). Also to DP though the bacon coverings did scare me a bit I know you were just having fun in those posts but my point was that it was at GB and didn't get moved until the Dessert throw down started. It may be all highly coincidental that it started during my throwdown but I doubt it at this point.
SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13 13 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too would like to apologize twice to this section of the forums.

I'd like to tell you all, I'm so sorry that I have a life away from these forums, a place where I earn a living, have a family, a social life, travel and compete in BBQ competitions, help run a BBQ organization, attend baptisms, weddings and funerals!

I also try and guide, moderate and administrate these forums, in PM's and emails and 99.9% of the moderation of this forum is done out of sight of the members.

My second apology is to those wanting just to get on, with a desert throwdown and have some fun, here is one of those backroom 99.9% brought out to shine in the light of day.

SoEzzy to Manana wrote:

FYI

http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=51247

You are already on thin ice with rules 3 / 4 / 5 / 7 & probably ready to pop on rule 8 too.

So shut up and play nice or don't, but you really are going to have a hard time running anything on the back end of another ban!

SoEzzy

So here is the reason for my second apology.

I publicly apologize for banning the now EX-moderator of the Desert Throwdown, apparently reference to the rules, and a warning, are not enough, so Manana can have a second timeout with another ban, this time for 21 days!

Thank you Manana for permission to ban you, I would not have know what to do without that part of your previous post!

I don't know if a second ban is going to give anyone a clue, that to prod the "bear" with a stick, and then complaining when you get bitten harder a second time, even after it swatted you, growled at you and bit you once before, and you still chose to come back to the cage, climb in, pick up a stick, walk up to the sleeping bear, and beat on him, after all the warnings you were given, do you really think that person is actually likely to grab a clue and stop poking the bear...I'm not going to hold my breath!

I am however prepared to give one last warning with one last chance. If Manana wishes to return on the 5th of May, and to play within the rules she is as welcome as anyone else to these forums, if she can't or won't learn that, then the next ban will be permanent!

I still work here!
TrailerBuilder
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14 13 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manana wrote:
Quote:
It's not whether it was a whiner or bribing or anything else and I'm glad the 2 of you had fun within it. My point was it went on for a while along with several other posts concerning thowdowns but when mine is posted they all have to be at throwdown and at this point he is just doing what he wants to prove he's the boss and we will listen!!! Nothing with the word throwdown in it will be any where but the throwdown. Mish's signature wasn't out of line or breaking any rules but I can only assume that he messed with Mish on that too and the funny thing is that Mish asked if it was ok and instead of saying "no I'd prefer you not" he had to change it like a little kid. I'm not sure what went down between them but that wasn't cool. Now I'll probably get banned for it but to me he isn't being a fair mod. He's just doing it to show he can.
I'm doing this throwdown now because I told Jarhead I would but my time will be limited here after that unless of course I'm banned again for this post. This site means more to him than it does me and if I bring out that kind of behavior in him, I'll go.

I'd also like to apologize to both of you (Mr. Tony and buckie). Also to DP though the bacon coverings did scare me a bit I know you were just having fun in those posts but my point was that it was at GB and didn't get moved until the Dessert throw down started. It may be all highly coincidental that it started during my throwdown but I doubt it at this point.

And you wonder why no one wants to do a Throwdown and why no one comes to the Throwdown section? There is one thing between smack talk and having fun and whining and complaining, but you have went to a different level, now we have wo is me and crying like a little 5 year old school girl. STFU already! There is no reason for a post to be made in the GB section about anything in the TD section. I dont go to the Cooker section to see cooks on the Disco or Dutch Oven, if I want to know about them, I go to that section. The threads in the GB that were started should have been moved from day 1, but I realize that SoEzzy has a life and that he cant be on top of every thing all the time. He moved the threads when he had time to do it. Is it a "coincidence" that he did it before "your" throwdown. No, he did it to nip it in the butt before it became an every time throwdown happening. But, do you see it that way Manana? Oh hell no you dont. You see it as being slapped or disrespected because SoEzzy has always been a "dick" to you. He's always treated me bad you say. Cry me a FN river. There has not been 1 dessert submitted for the TD and there are now 4 different threads listed on it. And in 3 of them, you are crying foul. I never do the TD's but wanted in on this one because I love to cook desserts. It was supposed to be fun and a time to show off some of your cooks, but you single handily ruined that with your bitching and complaining and your ability to not be able to shut up about something that had NOTHING to do with you, but everything to do with the Ring and how the moderator sees fit on how it should be ran. Way to go Manana on proving a point to me on why the "old timers" dont come and do Throwdowns anymore and why I wont even think about doing another one. And no, its not all about me in this post, I have bit my tongue long enough with your whiney ass. SoEzzy has banned you for a few days it seems, I personally hope you dont come back, Ive definitely had my fill of you, and Im pretty sure Im not the only one.
Mrs. K.A.M.
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14 13 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree 100% with Troy

My UDS.
bud-wie-ser
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15 13 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope we can all move past this and start having some fun throwdowns without anyone getting their panties in a bunch.

I'ts pretty clear to me that anyone who can make over 1200 posts in their first year obviously thinks everything is about them.

SoEzzy keep doing what you do, the ring is a great place to visit because of your efforts.

Okay back to my lurking corner again......
Custom Drum Smoker
UDS
KCBS Certified BBQ Judge
Manana
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri May 10 13 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TB and MK.... WTG attacking someone when they can't respond. I don't give rats ass what either of you think and TB you're a pussy for posting this after you knew I was banned.

budwisor I checked my posts and about 80% of them are posts commenting on others cooks such as "Looks good" I can see where you would think I think everything is about myself.

Rolling Eyes

Has I said before my banning I would be leaving here. This place obviously means much more to you 2 and SE, than it does to me and I'm actually at a place now that is run by many many mods and it is run beautifully and doesn't have any problems. Lovely people.
Everyone else good luck with your cooks and have a great summer.
1buckie
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri May 10 13 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will miss your penetrating, well thought out questions.....

It's gonna say on my tombstone: Died of thick, heavy sauces ~~~~>K
" The Creepy Guy Down the Street With All The Webers"
GF
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri May 10 13 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manana, did you seriously wait a month to post that? Rolling Eyes

Since you don't give a "rats ass", why bother?

Enjoy wherever you have found that you feel is "run better".
I don't know of any better run forums and if that's how you feel, have a great day. Very Happy
tacklebox
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri May 10 13 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why we can't have nice things Laughing
Twisted Evil Pompous Ass Bigoted LIAR #69 Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: