FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

best pot roast ever!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Dutch Oven Cooking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wildfire00

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09 11 3:44 am    Post subject: best pot roast ever!!!! Reply with quote

you must try this recipe, it'll blow your mind.

[edit]why don't I just post how I did it here, instead of trying to get all you nice folks on the smoke ring onto my web site to increase my statistics[/edit]
SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12 11 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: best pot roast ever!!!! Reply with quote

wildfire00 wrote:
you must try this recipe, it'll blow your mind.

[edit]why don't I just post how I did it here, instead of trying to get all you nice folks on the smoke ring onto my web site to increase my statistics[/edit]

I agree that would be a much better idea! Wink

I still work here!
wildfire00

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12 11 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got me all wrong my friends. I don't run my website just so I can waste my time going around to food forums and blogs to increase traffic to my website. It cost me just over a hundred bucks a year to managae my site and I spend that money as entertainment throughout the year. I do it for fun because I love to cook and read about cooking.

If you want to be an ass and shoot people down for doing something that has peaked thier interest then thats fine, but I would say I have to worry about the support you offer your friends and family when they try something they enjoy.

I am not in it for the money, yes I do advertise on my site just like everybody else. But my world doesn't continue turning from the because of the income those adds generate. I have a full time job building operating rooms all across Canada for a major world wide medical equipment company to do that me. Next time please keep your pointless comments to yourself and support people don't discourage them.

Havre a good one.
Oregon smoker
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13 11 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildfire00 wrote:
You've got me all wrong my friends. I don't run my website just so I can waste my time going around to food forums and blogs to increase traffic to my website. It cost me just over a hundred bucks a year to managae my site and I spend that money as entertainment throughout the year. I do it for fun because I love to cook and read about cooking.

If you want to be an ass and shoot people down for doing something that has peaked thier interest then thats fine, but I would say I have to worry about the support you offer your friends and family when they try something they enjoy.

I am not in it for the money, yes I do advertise on my site just like everybody else. But my world doesn't continue turning from the because of the income those adds generate. I have a full time job building operating rooms all across Canada for a major world wide medical equipment company to do that me. Next time please keep your pointless comments to yourself and support people don't discourage them.

Havre a good one.

IIRC correctly most of your posts are limited in nature and direct peeps to your website. Which in and of itself is not bad, but if 90% or more of your posts do that, not good. Which in this case is true.
So what hospital are you working on currently? Shocked
#3 LIAR
SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13 11 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildfire00 wrote:
You've got me all wrong my friends.

OK sorry about that.

Quote:
I don't run my website just so I can waste my time going around to food forums and blogs to increase traffic to my website.

So coming here and directing traffic back to your site and your advertising is a waste of time, (your own words)!

Quote:
It cost me just over a hundred bucks a year to manage my site and I spend that money as entertainment throughout the year. I do it for fun because I love to cook and read about cooking.

Then either come here and post for the entertainment or enjoyment, and don't put a teaser post, and a link to your website, take a page out of other posters books, cut and paste your recipe here if it's so good. I don't even object to you saying check out the pictures on my blog if you can't be bothered to resize them.

Quote:

Have a good one.

I'm happy you have such a wonderful life, I'm sorry to have taken your actions at face value, now that you have explained your position, and I have explained mine, we will see what we will see!

Either you will learn or you will go, that is to support everyone on this site, if it discourages you, then so be it!

I still work here!
Zmokin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01 12 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I guess the pot roast isn't that good. LOL
14" Cast Iron Dutch Oven
Large Big Green Egg w/Sole' Gourmet Table
Jeff
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25 12 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smells like SoEZZY just cooked up his own batch Laughing
auto5man
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03 12 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dangit, I was really looking forward to a good pot roast recipe...

guess OP was too busy to post it here.

Just for the record, Soezzy, I thought your original post was to the point and quite polite.
DPP Clone Build in progress: http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=65139&start=0
jimpeterson

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29 12 12:38 am    Post subject: Pot Roast... Reply with quote

That's it? Did I miss something?
crankincraig

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19 13 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Pot Roast... Reply with quote

jimpeterson wrote:
That's it? Did I miss something?

Yup..... Pot Roast
Darwin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20 13 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want some, cause I don't know how to fix it. Confused
ckone
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20 13 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darwin wrote:
I want some, cause I don't know how to fix it. Confused

season meat with salt and sear all sides in a hot pan or dutch oven. Once seared set the meat aside and put onion, celery and carrot in the pan and saute (rough chop). You can also include a bay leaf and garlic cloves if you like. When veggies start to brown add in some tomato paste, (not much or skip the tomato your choice) deglaze with red wine. (or just beef broth or chicken broth) place meat back in with veggies and cover with broth. At this point either simmer on stove top or place in oven, covered either way, for around 2-3 hours or until meat is tender. If you do oven 200°-350° is where I would be at. 200 will take longer but less chance of over cooking.

Once meat is tender remove it from liquid and blend the liquid veggies and all. That will give you the gravy. You can add roux if you want the gravy thicker or water/ stock if it is to thick.

Parsley and thyme can be included in the cooking process for added flavor. Pepper can be added once meat is seared. (it will burn during the sear if it is added before)

you can also skip the blending the stock and veggies together if you like. Use large cut veggies and serve them with the meat. If making a day ahead allow meat to cool in the cooking liquid so that it does not dry out.
PaulOinMA
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20 13 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a really good pot roast.

http://thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34769

I just posted a link since the recipe was in a current magazine. If you scroll back to that date, someone else on here also made it, and that thread has the recipe.

The gateau Basque was really good, too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Dutch Oven Cooking All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: