FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spanish Fort BBQ Company - Spanish Fort, AL - Just OK/Poor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dabaxter
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23 09 1:46 am    Post subject: Spanish Fort BBQ Company - Spanish Fort, AL - Just OK/Poor Reply with quote

I had a chance to eat at the new Spanish Fort BBQ Company on Hwy 31 in Spanish Fort, AL. I ordered a pulled pork sandwich. The meat had either been boiled or roasted. I'm guess it was most likely roasted in an oven. There was no smoke flavor at all. Their sauces were different and pretty good. Their beans and potato salad were overpopulated with onions and more onions. Needless to say, the trying to pass off roasted or boiled pork with BBQ sauce as BBQ left me disappointed. It wasn't bad. It just wasn't that good either. There are too many other better choices in Baldwin and Mobile County to compete with. It's a shame, because the interior of their place had been fixed up nicely. They just don't get it.
I'd have to classify this place as just ok at best.
The Original Fernk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16 10 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ate there last week and can honestly say, this was by FAR the worst BBQ I have ever eaten. The ribs were like they had been boiled and their sauce tasted like ketchup with a ton of garlic in it.

Last edited by The Original Fernk on Fri Apr 09 10 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
dabaxter
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03 10 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was probably too nice in my earlier post. I would never go back.
dabaxter
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03 10 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are your favorites around the Mobile/Pensacola area Fernk?
The Original Fernk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09 10 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only places I like in Mobile - Baldwin County area are Dreamland and Moe's BBQ in Daphne....I didn't care for Spanish Fort BBQ, Brick Pit, or Saucey Q...I thought The Shed was ok. I've gone there a couple of times.
dabaxter
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25 13 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This place went out of business. It won't be missed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: