FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moe's Original BBQ - Daphne, AL - Good!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dabaxter
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31 09 10:36 am    Post subject: Moe's Original BBQ - Daphne, AL - Good! Reply with quote

The Mobile area has been hurting for years for a great BBQ place. Is this the answer. Not quite, almost, but it's pretty good and among the best in the area. I had a pulled pork sandwich. The meat was not quite smoky enough, but still pretty good. I liked their sauce. It's pretty good. Their beans are pretty good, not great, but good enough. Overall, this is a good BBQ place and probably as good or better than any other BBQ joint within 50 miles. It's in Daphne on Bayfront road in an old house that's been remodeled into a BBQ joint. I'll be back...

Overall, I recommend this place as a good BBQ joint, if in the Mobile area.

There are now 4 BBQ joints that are pretty good and tied for first place in the Mobile/Baldwin county area:

Moe's Original BBQ - Daphne
The Brick Pit - Mobile
LA BBQ - Summerdale
Dreamland - Mobile (RIBS ONLY)

Other than these 3, I've not been to another place that's decent.

Last edited by dabaxter on Thu Feb 12 09 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
I C Smoke

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10 09 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up on Moe's. I'll give it a try soon. You're right on about the lack of "great" BBQ places in this area. If you get to Pensacola, a new place opened up on Nine Mile Rd (HWY 90) called Fatboy's BBQ. If you are familiar with the area, it is located where the old Ray Cranford's BBQ restaurant used to be. I stopped in to try it. Had the combo plate, ribs & brisket. It was good, not great, but good. Portions were kind of small & no rub on the ribs.
dabaxter
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16 09 8:41 pm    Post subject: Best in the Mobile / Pensacola area! Reply with quote

I went back and gave Moe's Original in Daphne another try. It was better than my first trip. I ordered the pork sandwich and asked for outside meat this time. While the meat did not appear to be outside meat, it was quite smoky and good. This was a very good pork sandwich. Their sides need a little upgrading, but their BBQ is very good.
I would have to say they have the best BBQ in the Mobile and Pensacola area, without a doubt.
dabaxter
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25 13 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went back recently and quality control was not in play. I had the ribs and chicken. The chicken was not bad, not great. The ribs were awful. I think they were too old. I was really disappointed and don't feel I can recommend this place any longer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: