FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Brick Pit, Mobile, AL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oldhand

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24 13 9:36 am    Post subject: The Brick Pit, Mobile, AL Reply with quote

Not saying anything bad about the owner at all as I know he is a nice guy that does a lot for the community, works hard to run a good BBQ joint but had to comment on the food (mainly the sauce). Unfortunately he was not there when we went as I would liked to have discussed it with him. Had heard a lot about it and finally tried it. Most of us had the rib plate and all were very disappointed. The ribs alone were tender, meaty, and a generous portion but they had a slight taste of starter fluid of all things! The potato salad was passable but nothing to get exited about. The beans had a taste of the sauce in them which ruined what they little they had going for them. Thankfully I wanted the sauce on the side and tried both kinds. Both were not eatable but thankfully I could eat my ribs as the others that had sauce on their ribs could not eat them at all. I tried several times during the meal but just could not get any of it down. Same was said by the others in my party. If the place had just a decent sauce, it would be alright. If they have no plans to offer a different sauce, I won't go back and all in my party said they wouldn't either. Alabama has a lot better to offer in BBQ than this (mainly because of the sauce), or Dreamland, and/or especially Big Bob Gibsons. Do yourself a favor and eat at other places around the state before you believe the hype on the FN, and then make up your mind.
dabaxter
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25 13 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribs are not their strong point. Their pork is outstanding though and worth the trip.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: