FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Outer Banks, N.C. BBQ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flash Gordan

Location: Southern NJ not to be confused with Northern NJ or the Jersey Shore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31 12 10:13 pm    Post subject: Outer Banks, N.C. BBQ? Reply with quote

The wife and I are taking our vacation out on the Outer Banks this year and was wondering if there any places for good Q at the northeastern end of the state? Hopefully we won't need to drive more than a hour. Any good suggestions?
thsmoker
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01 12 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was told this place is pretty good http://www.highcottonbbq.com/index.html . Been many years since ive been to the outer banks. Have a great trip.
yardman5508
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02 12 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have lived by the adage "Never eat BBQ at the beach" as told to me by some long time 'cue heads from South Carolina. I reserve the beach for seafood and some such. Others might disagree.
Smokey Joe
Kevan
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03 12 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been so long since I ate at High Cotton I dont remember. Just over the bridge in Kitty Hawk though. The reason I responded is to tell you what not to do which is stop at a place, I think it may be called Currituck BBQ, its in Coinjock just before you go over the Intercoastal Waterway. Swill. There is also a place called Pigmans BBQ in NagsHead but I dont know if its any good. Been around for a while and there is always a crowd. Stop by Capn Franks for a dog and Cosmos in KH makes good pizza. Buy some crabs and oysters and local caught fish and get some real good eatin going. Leaving for OBX today. Enjoy!
Viper22

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05 12 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

High Cotton is pretty good - ate there in June when we were down there working on some wedding stuff for next year. BBQ was good and the fried chicken was really good.
Smoky Bro
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24 13 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We tried to go there a few weeks ago while in Nags Head. They were closed but I ended up talking to the owner for a while, he was super nice, hyped up The Skylight (which he called Mecca) and B's. Also gave me a copy of Bob Garner's 'Guide To North Carolina Barbeque' which is a great little book.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: