FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Southwest North Carolina recommendations?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ram7887

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30 12 2:35 am    Post subject: Southwest North Carolina recommendations? Reply with quote

Anyone have any recommendations on some good places to get BBQ in the southwest side of NC. Taking a weekend trip in a couple of weeks to the mountains and would love to get some good BBQ for lunch one of the days. We will be in the Bryson City area.
thsmoker
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30 12 4:14 am    Post subject: Re: Southwest North Carolina recommendations? Reply with quote

Ram7887 wrote:
Anyone have any recommendations on some good places to get BBQ in the southwest side of NC. Taking a weekend trip in a couple of weeks to the mountains and would love to get some good BBQ for lunch one of the days. We will be in the Bryson City area.

Nice part of the state. Been a long time since I have been out that way and never had BBQ. My understanding is the BBQ is different from the rest of the state and there are not any really old time places. A google search popped up some places. Interested in hearing from others and your experience. Enjoy your trip.
pitmaster t
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30 12 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been a couple of years since I've been there. Use to go rafting a couple of times a year. I can't remember the name of the place but it was on the left going from Bryson City toward Cherokee on the 2 lane. Don't recall much except the smoked turkey was real good at the time. Best I remember there was not a lot of Q in the area.
Ram7887

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31 12 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback.
missionsusmc
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24 13 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably way too late for this, but oh well. Theres a couple places in Franklin, NC. That's about the only places I know of in the area. I'm sure Asheville has more, if you want to drive a little ways. I know they have a place called the Fiddlin Pig (bluegrass and BBQ). I realize these next 2places aren't BBQ, but the Dillard House in Dillard, GA is great, and The Jarrett House in Dillsboro, NC is good too. Take your appetite to both places....it's family-style. Maybe you'll remember the next time you go that way. I've got extended family in Franklin, and when I was a kid, we'd always go up there in the summer for a family reunion. I live in TN now, and while it's closer, I can't get down that way as much anymore, life and everything else, ya know? Hope this helps for next time.

Mary had a little lamb, a little brisket, a little ribs, and boy she was full!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: