FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cooking a venison roast
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Other Meat Recipes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PortlandSmoke

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05 11 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for putting a follow up on here. Looks like you are the only one. My wife and I both got our tags filled this year so I am looking forward to smoking a deer roast very soon.
PortlandSmoke

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14 12 9:46 am    Post subject: Update on the smoke Reply with quote

Did a 3lb deer roast the other evening on my Traeger. It came out so good. I made a butter-based rub with chopped garlic, thyme, rosemary, cracked pepper, and salt. Slathered the roast in the butter mix, wrapped with bacon, and then injected with a Worchestire/water mix. Cooked for about 2-3 hrs ranging back and forth between 225 for the first hour, 160 for the second hr, and then back up to 225 for the last bit. Take it off and tent with foil for 10 min and then dig in.

This roast came out fantastic!!
Debian Dog

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08 12 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I found this. The neighbor stopped by today and saw the new smoker and wanted to give me some meat. Now I have a good starting point as i was not 100% sure I could do it without drying the snot out of the meat.
Smokin-it Model #3 (new)
Masterbuilt Smoker (retired)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Other Meat Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: