FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chili head question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daddywoofdawg
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04 12 3:19 pm    Post subject: Chili head question Reply with quote

I have some Japs growning and they have turned green as they should,my question is if i let the grown more do they turn red?My plan this year is to try making chipole.any info on how to do that also?
Char grill smoker
Weber kettle
frankncali
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04 12 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Chili head question Reply with quote

daddywoofdawg wrote:
I have some Japs growning and they have turned green as they should,my question is if i let the grown more do they turn red?My plan this year is to try making chipole.any info on how to do that also?

Not an expert but I believe they will turn red. Only trouble I have heard is that jalapenos take a while to turn and will dry while turning.

These red dryish jalapenos are selected to be made into Chipoltes. Which is dried and smoked.

Maybe this will help
http://voices.yahoo.com/how-own-chipotle-peppers-summer-3553801.html
JimH
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04 12 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you leave them on the plant they will turn red. It will start with the darkening at the stem end.
RodinBangkok
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04 12 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Chili head question Reply with quote

daddywoofdawg wrote:

This recipe is a good starting point. I pressure canned instead of freeze using it. Frankly I buy them now, as its hard to beat the canned from Mexico.

http://www.recipegoldmine.com/swveg/home-smoked-chipotle-chiles.html
Teleking
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05 12 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they will turn red and will take well into September up my way. I read somewhere that Rooster brand sriraacha sauce is made from reds.

“The Bride of Franken Smoker”
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: