FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alien's Yakisoba with Tonkatsu BBQ Sauce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Leftover Recipes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeepdad
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17 12 9:56 am    Post subject: Alien's Yakisoba with Tonkatsu BBQ Sauce Reply with quote

Ok, so Alien, the smoker extraordinaire posted a recipe of an Okinawan recipe called yakisoba. Years ago I was stationed on "the rock" and had forgotten about eating pounds and pounds of various styles of yakisoba. His post brought back memories of my time there and of this wonderful dish. Sooooo, yep, I made it tonight for supper. It can easily be made outside on the disco or dutch oven but I took the easy route and made it indoors.

Some of the ingredients for the sauce.

And of course sriracha sauce!

Had some leftover chicken and spaghetti noodles.

And added 1.5 pounds of fresh chicken.

Cooked the raw chicken first then added the leftover chicken. Simply added some black pepper and garlic. And a tablespoon of olive oil to help cook.

Added half the sauce and blended everything together.

Added the baby carrots, broccoli florets, and sliced red and yellow bell peppers.

Once this cooked for a short time I removed it to a bowl I had waiting.

Added two tablespoons of olive oil and once heated added the leftover spaghetti noodles and the remainder of the sauce.

After frying the noodles a little while I added the veggies back in.

Mmmmmm!

I halved the recipe and it made a ton...it's a big bowl! The flavors are so good together.

--Dan

Alien's Yakisoba with Tonkatsu BBQ Sauce

Will feed 10 hungry people easily.

Will start with the Tonkatsu BBQ Sauce

In a bowl mix:

1 Cup Catsup
½ Cup Worcestershire
½ Cup Sake, Rice Wine, or Vodka
¼ Cup Brown or Turbino Sugar
2 Tblsp Sri Racha sauce
2 Tblsp Ginger
2 Tblsp Roasted garlic
2 Tblsp Balsamic Vinegar

**** The Soy sauce will be used when cooking the soba with the vegetables.

In the pan, place some already prepared smoked pork (from another meal) or fresh pork with a garlic and pepper encrusted rub applied. Either will do great as long as it has only had a dry rub applied. Additionally I poured about 1 oz. of olive oil in the pan to help promote the cooking. Place the pork, fat side down (don’t worry; you will be flipping it thought the cook.)

When the meat reaches 190 degrees internally (145 if previously prepared), take a fork and pull the pork away from the bone. Add in half of the Tonkatsu sauce, and stir until well mixed.

Add in any type of vegetables at this time to allow them to cook down and infuse their flavors with the sauce and meat. I chose: Sugar snap peas, a broccoli and carrot medley, Texas 1015 onions, and one each red and yellow sweet pepper. I cooked the onions and peppers with the meat and the other ingredients with the soba to save on space.

After the meat and onion/peppers were cooked, I removed them from the wok and placed 2 oz. of olive oil back into the wok.

When the oil was hot enough, I placed the noodles and the remaining Tonkatsu sauce in the wok and stirred until thoroughly blended.

I then added the remaining vegetables to the frying noodles and cooked till the vegetables were done but still slightly firm. Add the soy sauce to taste at this time.

To serve, place the noodles on the plate and serve the Tonkatsu sauce and meat on top.

You can change the vegetables around or try a different meat like chicken. Once the family tastes this dish, it will quickly become a staple at your house. The final added bonus is the entire meal was cooked in one pan and outdoors. You do not have to stand over this meal and watch it. This would be a great meal for a party where everyone watches you cook while chatting. Bon Appetit.
Tom C
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17 12 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks really good! I'll be trying that one soon. Thanks for sharing with us.
Alien BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17 12 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me love it long time.....

Bought mine at the old school bus outside gate 2 all the time. Nothing like dinner cooked over a burnout 55 gal barrel. Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Leftover Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: