FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alien Butt Juice
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Rubs, Marinades, Brines, Mops & Sauces
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13 06 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob ya dont want to do that not with the hersey squirts. Hot stuff causes more gas and cramps and will give ya molten butt juice... Laughing Wink
LIAR #100
skybob
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13 06 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, Molten Alien Butt Juice. Can't think of anything much worse
Jeff T
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14 06 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fellas... Fellas.... Please this topic has gone terribly wrong.
I don`t think Alien will EVER live this one down. Very Happy
skybob
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14 06 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought that I'd let ya'll know, I feel a whole lot better today. Think I'll survive.
icecoldkicks
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21 08 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: Alien Butt Juice Reply with quote

Alien BBQ wrote:
Alien Butt Juice

Here is a finishing sauce that you will just love (if you can get past the name.)
It is a lite sauce that can be drizzled over pulled pork and is not too vinegary or too sweet.

The ingredients:
4 oz. White Rum
8 oz. Yoshidas Gourmet sauce
1 oz. Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp. Sri Racha
3 tbsp. Sweet Balsamic vinegar
1 Cup Tomato Ketchup
4 tbsp. Ginger Oil

Mix in a bowl and use as a finishing sauce on pulled pork. *** If you want the alcohol content out of the sauce place the mixture in a sauce pan and bring to a boil for 2 minutes.
This also make a great injectable sauce as well.

I like the mixture of ingredients that you have here, nice!!

Slow & Low, That is the Tempo!!
eschatz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06 09 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's a good rub that would go with this sauce? It'll be on the butt for at least 24 hrs before the smoke.
tazz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03 09 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: Alien Butt Juice Reply with quote

Alien BBQ wrote:
Alien Butt Juice

Here is a finishing sauce that you will just love (if you can get past the name.)
It is a lite sauce that can be drizzled over pulled pork and is not too vinegary or too sweet.

The ingredients:
4 oz. White Rum
8 oz. Yoshidas Gourmet sauce
1 oz. Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp. Sri Racha
3 tbsp. Sweet Balsamic vinegar
1 Cup Tomato Ketchup
4 tbsp. Ginger Oil

Mix in a bowl and use as a finishing sauce on pulled pork. *** If you want the alcohol content out of the sauce place the mixture in a sauce pan and bring to a boil for 2 minutes.
This also make a great injectable sauce as well.

I tried this sauce a few weeks ago. The only thing I couldn't find was the Yoshidas Gourmet sauce, I checked several places in my local area, I substiuted Jack Daniels Hickory Brown Sugar BBQ sauce for it and of course I used JD instead of Rum. WOW what a sauce. If I can find the Yoshidas I will try the orig. recipe but this JD one is awsome too.
grill-guy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23 10 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my wife says I can make this juice, but it has to be renames Sad But I guess I will tell the kids Very Happy
SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23 10 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grill-guy wrote:
my wife says I can make this juice, but it has to be renames Sad But I guess I will tell the kids Very Happy

You could always rename it, then announce to your guests that it's "grill-guys Butt Juice"!

Though you may be sleeping on the couch for a month, if it doesn't fit your wifes sense of humor... Shocked Rolling Eyes Laughing

I still work here!
Brian Briggs
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13 10 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how is Aliens Squirting Butt Juice applied? Is it a marinade? If so, how long? Is it injected? If so, how long? Do you still use a rub or is this in place of it. I have never injected my butts so I am not sure what the difference is if it is injected or not.
Alien BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14 10 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After you pull the butt apart, you drizzle it lightly according to taste.
Brian Briggs
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19 10 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you recomend injecting the butts AND drizzling after pulled?
tazz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19 10 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have made this several times now but with my own twist on it. I have a tough time where I'm at finding yoshida's so I substituted the next best thing, Jack Daniels Hickory Brown sugar BBQ sauce and instead of rum I use JD.
Brian Briggs
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24 10 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can not find;

sweet balsamic vinegar - will aged work and throw in some sugar?
ginger oil - what can be the substitute?
yoshidas - what can be the substitute?
El Ropo
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23 10 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I substituted the Yoshida's for some store bought sweet and tangy sauce. Also subbed Evan Williams for the vodka. Added a twist with some pineapple juice, and a finely chopped chili tepin fresh off the plant out front. For the rest of the heat, I used the cock sauce. A bit of fresh minced garlic, and some salt free rub finished it off. This stuff has at least 5 different layers of flavor, then there's the 20 minute finish with the subtle heat.

I love it as a base for my crazy experiments!
El Ropo
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02 11 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone having trouble finding Mr Yoshidas Gourmet sauce, here's a decent sub that I found at Jen's Recipe Box Blog site:

Mr. Yoshida's Original Gourmet Sweet & Savory Sauce
Although this recipe does not taste exactly like what you buy in the store, it is a tasty Asian-style sauce that's easy to whip up when you don't or can't have the real thing. It is very sweet. Next time I make it I might try cutting down on the sugar a little.

Categories: Marinades, Seasonings, & Rubs, Soups, Sandwiches, & Sauces, Low Iodine Diet

2 cups soy sauce
3/4 cup brown sugar -- divided
3/4 cup white sugar -- divided
8 each green onions -- cut into 1 1/2 inch sections
4 slices fresh ginger root
1 clove garlic -- minced
1 cup honey

Combine soy sauce, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup white sugar, green onions, ginger and garlic in a 2 quart saucepan. Bring the mixture to a slight boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.

Pour the remaining white and brown sugar and the honey into the saucepan. Bring to a boil. The mixture will rise and foam, when it does this and doubles in size remove the pan from heat and cool.

Yields 5 cups.

LOW IODINE DIRECTIONS:
Use Soy Sauce Substitute instead of soy sauce. Make sure to use real brown sugar, not white sugar with molasses added to it.

I made of batch of this stuff, and it's wonderful. Made my own ginger oil for the butt juice off another recipe I found on the net too.
evil16v
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02 11 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Ropo wrote:
For anyone having trouble finding Mr Yoshidas Gourmet sauce, here's a decent sub that I found at Jen's Recipe Box Blog site:

Although this recipe does not taste exactly like what you buy in the store, it is a tasty Asian-style sauce that's easy to whip up when you don't or can't have the real thing. It is very sweet. Next time I make it I might try cutting down on the sugar a little.

Categories: Marinades, Seasonings, & Rubs, Soups, Sandwiches, & Sauces, Low Iodine Diet

2 cups soy sauce
3/4 cup brown sugar -- divided
3/4 cup white sugar -- divided
8 each green onions -- cut into 1 1/2 inch sections
4 slices fresh ginger root
1 clove garlic -- minced
1 cup honey

Combine soy sauce, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup white sugar, green onions, ginger and garlic in a 2 quart saucepan. Bring the mixture to a slight boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.

Pour the remaining white and brown sugar and the honey into the saucepan. Bring to a boil. The mixture will rise and foam, when it does this and doubles in size remove the pan from heat and cool.

Yields 5 cups.

LOW IODINE DIRECTIONS:
Use Soy Sauce Substitute instead of soy sauce. Make sure to use real brown sugar, not white sugar with molasses added to it.

I made of batch of this stuff, and it's wonderful. Made my own ginger oil for the butt juice off another recipe I found on the net too.

That's what i did... Works great.
bluedogok
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09 12 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried this recipe last summer with the JD Sauce in place of the Yoshida's since I couldn't find any in Austin. It was alright but having recently moved from Austin to Denver we ran across the Yoshida's at Costco here in the Denver area it is time to try the real recipe. Now all I need to do is get a new smoker since I didn't relocate the Char-Griller Duo that I had....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Rubs, Marinades, Brines, Mops & Sauces All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: