FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Afraid to share ideas on here?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SVonhof
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22 12 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Moe, share what you got!

In fact, start with the #1 thing on your list, make it, post pictures and recipes and do your own mini-review of it. Then go to #2, then 3.....

As others have said, not everyone will agree with you or like what you make, but that's on them. For every one that disagrees or dislikes, there are easily 20+ that want to see it!
Geronimo
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22 12 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remember, if you can eat it, it was a good cook!!!

And if you and your group liked it, remember how you did it. (prep, cook times, etc)

Then last but not least...TAKE PICTURES AND POST for the rest of us to see and tell you how great it looks.
X-Roughneck
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23 12 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp,i'm a thinkin' the "spam"warning(not the canned meat)that "DA BEARS" made "presence" of done runned 'em off. Mr. Green cause if you gQQgle,'Moe's famous smoked ribs' or "Moe's BBQ"with 9 raunts out west,it all comes together. If he's a "fraidy cat" to post , then why did he post a post asking others that post,including the host, if he should post a post, so i think he is toast by most if he does post.
Geronimo
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23 12 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Roughneck wrote:
Welp,i'm a thinkin' the "spam"warning(not the canned meat)that "DA BEARS" made "presence" of done runned 'em off. Mr. Green cause if you gQQgle,'Moe's famous smoked ribs' or "Moe's BBQ"with 9 raunts out west,it all comes together. If he's a "fraidy cat" to post , then why did he post a post asking others that post,including the host, if he should post a post, so i think he is toast by most if he does post.

I can't say that ONCE real fast much less 3 times and I'm sober ..today. Shocked Shocked Shocked
RollinontheRvr
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23 12 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geronimo wrote:
X-Roughneck wrote:

I can't say that ONCE real fast much less 3 times and I'm sober ..today. Shocked Shocked Shocked

+10 on that one!!!

Four years active duty Infantry - '81 -'85

My Local Dive Shop: Oregon City Scuba
sixfofalcon
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23 12 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the OP was talking from the standpoint of competition. Like maybe he's a newb trying to get some calls, and he's afraid any of the secrets or tips he might share here for discussion would be things an experienced competitor could run with while he's still trying to work out the kinks.
Beertooth
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24 12 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sixfofalcon wrote:
I thought the OP was talking from the standpoint of competition. Like maybe he's a newb trying to get some calls, and he's afraid any of the secrets or tips he might share here for discussion would be things an experienced competitor could run with while he's still trying to work out the kinks.

Hey Moe's Famous, what exactly were you saying?
18.5" WSM (Stoked)
22.5" WSM
85 Gallon UDS
Weber Smokey Joe/Mini WSM
Cast Iron Cookware
24" Disc Cooker
Masterbuilt 40" Electric
Char-Griller Akorn
SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24 12 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beertooth wrote:
sixfofalcon wrote:

Hey guys, it's good that you feel Moe can work past the problem and post his fears about posting his fears, I think he did well enough, (all things considered), just to get the O/P out!

There are some competition teams for whom shigging is a way of life, there are some business owners that work the same way... those that have never had an original idea in their lives, whose menu is made up of those items they feel they are expected to sell, or a grab bag of all their competitors best selling items. You know the kind of place, somewhere between an Italian restaurant, a Vietnamese place and an East Indian curry house. They have Chicken Carbonara, Chicken Pho, Chicken Tikka Masala, and Southern Fried Chicken on the menu, (and do none of them well), to try and grab every customer in the area that might have gone to one of the other restaurants.

It doesn't mattes which it is at the end of the day, not feeling comfortable with posting and security of information, is more common than you may think... better that, than to post every thing to the world, and then be upset when you see someone else using your Grandma Jeannes favorite recipe for something appear all across the web!

I hope Moe will be able to post about the reasons for his fear, and about his other thoughts and ideas... that will show me, that this post at least did not put him off! Wink Laughing Wink

I still work here!
GF
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24 12 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Moe's fear(for lack of a better word), is from sharing comp. recipies, or propietary information, I agree with him.
If it's from not wanting to get grief about his ideas, I wouldn't worry about it.
Most people don't seem to have negative comments, they just don't respond.
I hope Moe changes his mind about posting ideas, I find all new ideas worth checking out or trying.
Chef
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24 12 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GF wrote:
If it's from not wanting to get grief about his ideas, I wouldn't worry about it.
Most people don't seem to have negative comments, they just don't respond.

Unless he asks about liquid smoke!!!
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24 12 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoEzzy wrote:

You know the kind of place, somewhere between an Italian restaurant, a Vietnamese place and an East Indian curry house. They have Chicken Carbonara, Chicken Pho, Chicken Tikka Masala, and Southern Fried Chicken on the menu, (and do none of them well), to try and grab every customer in the area that might have gone to one of the other restaurants.

Sounds like a place I worked at.. They had 93 items on the menu, 103 counting the 10 junior meals they also offered. Add ontop of that, 5 cooks out back all plating it up differently. It was a mess and I am glad to not work there any more I can tell ya.

One day I asked the owner what single item she thought was the best thing we did.. She answered "our breckfasts." I told her, anyone can crack and fry an egg. Wink

Did I tell ya I dont work there any more. Cool

Now I got 5 proteins (3 from the smoker), 4 different sides. Very Happy
LIAR #100
X-Roughneck
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25 12 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Moe, If you have an idea,spill your guts,lets hear it!The wheel has been invented but there is always room to improve on it.Hell,just because most cookers are round,you may have one that is triangular shaped.If you have simple questions like,"how long does it take spare ribs to cook" you can simply look thru some of the stickys and find answers from previous cooks.Hope to hear from you soon.You will find some people may drift off topic once in a while to add a little fun to the thread which i enjoy that too unless the OP gets p!ssed off.Then you have the "repeat" posters.They post what has already been said just to add to their post count,i guess.

Anyway,goodluck with your next cook!

Last edited by X-Roughneck on Sun Feb 26 12 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
daddywoofdawg
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25 12 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the most part if you have an idea,spill it.find out if the wheel has been invented yet,if it has and works great saves you time on trying to invent it again,if it has been tried and failed find out why,and try your hand at it.maybe if it was round....Sometimes things has always been done that way but there may be a better idea.Or get others thinking about it.If you want to know about something that has been posted a hundred times like how long to cook ribs,look in the search before asking.but if your wondering if a pyrmiad shaped firebox would work,you can always ask.Just remeber there are Aholes on the net that don't add anything to the question just want to be jerks.So ezzy is pretty good about baning them,but he's not are babysitter,and hurt feelings happen(hopefully not meant).
Char grill smoker
Weber kettle
X-Roughneck
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26 12 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daddywoofdawg wrote:
For the most part if you have an idea,spill it.find out if the wheel has been invented yet,if it has and works great saves you time on trying to invent it again,if it has been tried and failed find out why,and try your hand at it.maybe if it was round....Sometimes things has always been done that way but there may be a better idea.Or get others thinking about it.If you want to know about something that has been posted a hundred times like how long to cook ribs,look in the search before asking.but if your wondering if a pyrmiad shaped firebox would work,you can always ask.Just remeber there are Aholes on the net that don't add anything to the question just want to be jerks.So ezzy is pretty good about baning them,but he's not are babysitter,and hurt feelings happen(hopefully not meant).

I agree!That's pretty much what i just posted. Shocked
jess
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26 12 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how did Moe get famous Question ...
Teleking
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27 12 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next

“The Bride of Franken Smoker”

Last edited by Teleking on Mon Feb 27 12 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Teleking
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27 12 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoEzzy wrote:
Beertooth wrote:
sixfofalcon wrote:

Hey guys, it's good that you feel Moe can work past the problem and post his fears about posting his fears, I think he did well enough, (all things considered), just to get the O/P out!

There are some competition teams for whom shigging is a way of life, there are some business owners that work the same way... those that have never had an original idea in their lives, whose menu is made up of those items they feel they are expected to sell, or a grab bag of all their competitors best selling items. You know the kind of place, somewhere between an Italian restaurant, a Vietnamese place and an East Indian curry house. They have Chicken Carbonara, Chicken Pho, Chicken Tikka Masala, and Southern Fried Chicken on the menu, (and do none of them well), to try and grab every customer in the area that might have gone to one of the other restaurants.

It doesn't mattes which it is at the end of the day, not feeling comfortable with posting and security of information, is more common than you may think... better that, than to post every thing to the world, and then be upset when you see someone else using your Grandma Jeannes favorite recipe for something appear all across the web!

I hope Moe will be able to post about the reasons for his fear, and about his other thoughts and ideas... that will show me, that this post at least did not put him off! Wink Laughing Wink

My last recall of Moe's posts had to do with marketing and selling of food products without proper food handling techniques. He was questioned by more than one long timer about food safety and home packaging and selling food products. I have not seen a post since then and that may be the rub.

“The Bride of Franken Smoker”
Alien BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29 12 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jump in and enjoy the swim. Never mind those fin thingy's that seem to be circling. Share some of your ideas and we will accept you as a brother. If you ask us we will answer, if you tell us, we may not hear you, if you talk to us we will join you in your journey.
JAllen
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01 12 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alien BBQ wrote:
Jump in and enjoy the swim. Never mind those fin thingy's that seem to be circling. Share some of your ideas and we will accept you as a brother. If you ask us we will answer, if you tell us, we may not hear you, if you talk to us we will join you in your journey.

... and Moe, if you get nothing else from this site, get Alien BBQ's Mac & Cheese recipe. It's awesome.

I hear he has some good butt juice too.
blowtorch
Paul Mitchell hair dryer (swiped)
unashamed foam user
Pinkelephant
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02 12 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look at it this way, If you find a site where everyone praises you and have nothing negative to say about what your doing (I can give you links if that is what you want), you will never learn anything.

This is like going to a major cookoff with all the pros. If you pull out your back yard stuff and play with the big boys, there will be those who give you great ideas and there will be others who should be ignored and some of us little fish may get ideas from what your doing. The 5 guys who are inspired by your link may never say anything.

but staying in the back yard by yourself doesn't teach you anything. this site taught me more in 6 months than I taught myself in 25+ years.

(He said "Butt juice" Laughing )
| _Trucks-n-BBQ _ | H|--[ ]\____,
|_______________| H|___|____|
(o)(o)"""""""""""(o)(o)****(____)(o)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: