FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Carolina Style Wins in Texas .....................
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Rubs, Marinades, Brines, Mops & Sauces
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pig Pickin Man

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08 11 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First OFF, I proved my point that what you stated must go on here “Now go and cash your pay cheque ” sense you brought it up. I wish I did but some people are honest. This has nothing to do with that company. I have no connection except I use their products. I guess you are also saying that people in Texas know nothing about BBQ; they are the ones that made the announcement not the bbq sauce business.

DUDE.. you don't get it. A sauce can have vinegar, mustard, sweet and spicy in it. It does not have to apply to any region in the Carolinas in specific but a combination of all to make one sauce. This what you can't get in your heads or accept.

There BBQ Sauce WON and that's the facts.

Yes, I smoke hundreds of Lbs. whole Hogs every week-end and I still smoke over hot coals in my pit in Tenn. so does that mean I can't call it a "Pig Pickin"?

History is like religion and everyone has their own believes and it can be debated all day and never agree. So there are no BBQ GODS!

First of all let me say that there are two generally accepted definitions for this word. First of all Barbecue is a food dish consisting of a whole (or good part) of an animal (usually pig) slow cooked over a smoldering fire for a long period of time. Barbecue is also an event or gathering in which people come together to celebrate and eat Barbecue (first definition).

These are basically the definitions you'll find in most any dictionary. However, today barbecue is a process of preparing food that requires smoke, low temperatures and long periods of time. The meats typically chosen for barbecue include, but are not limited to pork shoulder, brisket, ribs, mutton roasts, whole hogs and other beef and pork roasts. Barbecue is also the event or meal in which this food is served.

BBQ describes the meat not what part of the country it is smoked, grilled or cooked.

Carolina Style BBQ can be whole pig, pork shoulder, ribs, butt or even include beef as long as it is smoked/grilled or cooked in a Carolina Style.

I am not going to start a debate about a company you know nothing about. I guess I could pick you recipes apart as well. In respect for that business I will no longer post to this post unless you want to start talking trash with me, then we can start another thread...

Don’t knot it until you try it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08 11 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You still dont get it..
LIAR #100
Pig Pickin Man

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08 11 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just don't want to accept it.

Chill out, come down out of the cold woods any time Monday - Thursday we have nothing better to do except drink pure creek water and rock in the rocking chair and get into pissing matchs. Friday night I have to go to work and put the hogs on to be ready for Saturday morning. Open from 7am til noon if the BBQ holds out. If you stay you will have to work. We drink and fish on Sunday.

Have a Great day.
SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08 11 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know what happened to the date?

I still work here!
k.a.m.
BBQ Mega Star

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09 11 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I just looked at the standings and Blacks cleaned up in the fresh division. Texas all the way. Very Happy

Hybrid Cooker
Pinkelephant
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24 11 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the laugh guys.

why is someone with 12 posts making waves in a forum he just joined?

ǝɯ oʇ ǝsuǝs ǝpɐɯ llɐ ʇı puɐ ˙ʎuunɟ sɐʍ ʇɐɥʇ
| _Trucks-n-BBQ _ | H|--[ ]\____,
|_______________| H|___|____|
(o)(o)"""""""""""(o)(o)****(____)(o)
SmokenDevo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17 12 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to say i have not been here in ages, just been busy with work and such. So tonight at work I found a few minutes to catch up on some BBQ reading and the first post i read is this. Totally awhsome thread guys, kept me on the edge of my seat wondering who's going to throw the first punch Very Happy

Thanks for the laugh's
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Rubs, Marinades, Brines, Mops & Sauces All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: