FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sliced Corned Beef

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cured Meat Recipes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark A

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15 12 8:19 am    Post subject: Sliced Corned Beef Reply with quote

I am new to this site, I have been dabbling with smoking, and cureing for some time now. I am planning on doing a corned beef, but I want to slice it for sandwiches. What is the internal temp that I am looking for after boiling, or baking it so it does not all pull apart. Thanks for any tips, Mark.
kurtsara
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15 12 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when I smoke a cored beef to make Pastrami, I smoke it to 175° to slice it.

2 Ole Hickory CTO's
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16 12 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A thermometer is great, but I can never find mine when I need them. One of these days, my cooks will listen and put stuff back where they found it for a change. Rat Bastards!!

I like to us a stainless steel skewer, I insert it through the meat, and when I pull it out, I do not want any resistance, if I feel resistance, I give it a little more time. You got to watch carefully using this method, because the difference between perfectly done, and overcooked is real close.
When they lose all my skewers, I am sure I'll find another technique for this too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cured Meat Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: