FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Caramel Cheesecake
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Dessert Recipes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aminata

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27 08 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roxy, am sitting at my desk in the office looking at the pictures of your cheese cake with my mouth watering. It looks so gud!
I have never tried making cheese cake before but I sure would like to this. I just hope it turns out as gud as the one in the picture.
Thanks for the recipe
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27 08 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Just be sure to not beat too much air into the mixture or you will end up with a cream cheese souffle.
LIAR #100
aminata

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27 08 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice. Will take note of that when am making it
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02 08 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck and dont be blaming me if ya have to let the belt out a notch. Laughing
LIAR #100
Bean Alley BBQ

PostPosted: Thu May 29 08 9:20 am    Post subject: I never could follow instructins... Reply with quote

First off, thanks for posting the recipie Roxy. I gave this a try the other day and initially it went well. Then, the wife and kids started bickering, and i got rushed and then frustrated. In the end, I wound up unintentionally substituting flour with pancake mix. Embarassed My final product wound up firm around the edges, but runny in the middle. I believe that was because when I was rushing, I didn't let it cook long enough. But it was still delicious...for a caramel apple slurpie... Laughing

Everything is relaxed today, and I'm going to give it a try again. But, this time I am just putting the filling in those little pastry cup doohickies.
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu May 29 08 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you needed to cook it just a bit longer. The center is the last part to firm up. I have done that a few times myself.

You can use a tooth pick and when it comes out dry its ready.
LIAR #100
rcbeards

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25 08 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK...after looking at the pictures of this I decided I had to try it. Bear in mind I've never made a cheesecake before in my life. Heck, I didn't even have the spring form pan yet. This gave me the reason I was looking for to get it.

As that late Chris Farley would say...that was AWESOME!!!

Such great flavor. I looked like a pastry chef at the BBQ over the weekend. Let's just say my friends are the buy it from a box type crowd. This knocked them dead.

Pretty much followed your recipe to a T. Who am I to make changes. The only difference was it took an hour and 45 minutes to cook.

Will definitely be making this again!!!

Thanks for sharing....

Ryan

P.S...now where is that white chocolate raspberry recipe! Very Happy
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25 08 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rcbeards wrote:
OK...after looking at the pictures of this I decided I had to try it. Bear in mind I've never made a cheesecake before in my life. Heck, I didn't even have the spring form pan yet. This gave me the reason I was looking for to get it.

As that late Chris Farley would say...that was AWESOME!!!

Such great flavor. I looked like a pastry chef at the BBQ over the weekend. Let's just say my friends are the buy it from a box type crowd. This knocked them dead.

Pretty much followed your recipe to a T. Who am I to make changes. The only difference was it took an hour and 45 minutes to cook.

Will definitely be making this again!!!

Thanks for sharing....

Ryan

P.S...now where is that white chocolate raspberry recipe! Very Happy

The time line for cooking is a guide and I have found it can very a lot for some crazy reason.

Glad you had success and were able to impress your guests.. But I got to say the chocolate with pralines and butterscotch is by far my favorite.
LIAR #100
rcbeards

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25 08 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolates and Pralines!?!?!

Did I miss that one somewhere? That sounds awesome. Have you shared that recipe before?
rcbeards

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25 08 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FOUND IT!!!! I'll have to try this one too!!!
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26 08 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the chocolate praline cheesecake at the Jack last year and placed 39th. Now I know that dont sound so good but I did not create a fancy presentation like a lot of folks did. I got to tell ya while I was standing in line to turn it in I saw some absolutely unbelievable platter presentations.. I was tempted to just toss what I had in the trash and call it a day.. But I thought, Oh well, I am he so what the heck... I had only placed my slices in 2 9 by 9's without any fancy garnish. I did manage to get 4 best of table scores so that was a real bonus IMO.
LIAR #100
rcbeards

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26 08 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw on one of your posts about this you mentioned you had made a crusted one as well using Oreo's. Can you tell me measurements and ingredients you used for it because that sounds good too!

On a side note...Any more recipes you haven't posted yet.

I've tried one of your cheesecakes, your mustard sauce and coleslaw...all amazing.

I've got the other recipes you've posted tagged as must tries, but I get greedy!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I can't get enough of them!!!

Again, thanks for sharing. BBQ is great, but the side dishes make everything come together.

Ryan
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26 08 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rcbeards wrote:
I saw on one of your posts about this you mentioned you had made a crusted one as well using Oreo's. Can you tell me measurements and ingredients you used for it because that sounds good too!

On a side note...Any more recipes you haven't posted yet.

I've tried one of your cheesecakes, your mustard sauce and coleslaw...all amazing.

I've got the other recipes you've posted tagged as must tries, but I get greedy!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I can't get enough of them!!!

Again, thanks for sharing. BBQ is great, but the side dishes make everything come together.

Ryan

Ryan:

I do have a bunch of recipes but I am kinda saving them for a new venture I am working on.

For the oreo crust I would use like a cup or crumbs with a 1/4 of sugar and add enough melted butter so that it will stick but not be soggy.
I also like to bake this first for 10 or 15 minutes and allow to cool before adding in the batter.
LIAR #100
rcbeards

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27 08 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally understand.

Thanks for the crust ingredients though!!!

Ryan
TasunkaWitko
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27 08 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy #@%^ing $#!&...

that's one of the best #$%#ing things i've ever seen. i hope you don't mind but i copies/pasted this to my place, giving full credit to you. i'm looking forward to trying this, and can't thank you enough for posting the recipe along with the p*rn.

two big thumbs up!

ok, i'm back to normal now, sorry for losing it a bit there....
rcbeards

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30 08 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm officially obsessed...I've made this cheescake three times in a little over a month. Damn it's good.

Ryan
westmichguy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06 09 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, this is my first attempt at making this and something is not right. I followed everything in the recipe or so it seems, but I have juice or something running out of my springform pan and burning on the bottom of the oven. I set my pie pan onto a cookie sheet. 50 min has gone by and it is nowhere near firm. I removed the cookie sheet and I have smoke coming out again. Any ideas? My pan is a 10" and the oven is at 300*.
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06 09 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is it that is running out of the pan.. Is it batter or apple liquid..??

First I think you wither need a new spring form, or you have not got it put together correctly,+ as I never get anything coming out of the two I got.. If it looks like the apple caramel fluid you could need to saute your apples longer to get more liquid out of them.

You do not want the cake to be totally set up when its finished or it will be too dry, I like the center to be almost set..
LIAR #100
westmichguy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06 09 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well while I was mixing up the ingredients, my other half put the pan together. So I won't know until I take it apart. As far as the juice, I think you are right about the apples needing to saute a lil longer. Hopefully it turns out half way edible. I'll let you know around dinner time. Thanks.
GeorgeH
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20 11 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've made cheesecake several times but I can't say I have ever seen one that looked like that. It looks good. I might have to try it.

George H
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Dessert Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: