FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My 280 Gallon Reverse Flow Project
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Devildog03318590
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27 11 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great build...looking forward to the finished product.

(2)Weber One-Touch Silver 22.5 w/rotisserie
Modified Silver Smoker
Weber Smokey Joe Table top
Aussie walk about modified
Cheap gasser
(2)Brinkman ECB's unmodified
icecoldkicks
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27 11 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks BBQ Girl, thanks for the kind words
Devildog03318590
Im trying to get her finished! seems like the check list keeps growing, LOL every time i check off the final steps on my check list, i find more little nick nacks to finish up on! We're Real Close! Cool

Im hoping to get her test mounted on the trailer this Thursday and then the final touches after that. Then Sandblast & Paint---> seems like light years away! Rolling Eyes
any way I just finished the smoke stacks tonight after 3 days of pondering on how i was going to do the lids for the stacks! here are some pics on what i came up with, the lighting and back ground really keep it from the true effects in the pics, but im sure that u will get the idea with these what im posting here now! i think it looks pretty good! Laughing

i only have one arm mounted in this pic below

heres the twin arm to match

Open the right one to the (right)
&
Open the left one to the (left)
they both miss the cold-box stacks by an inch as they swing open wide, in this pic below, they are in the closed possission

Lids for the stacks on the cold box

although its hard to see the handles on the stacks on the cold box, they are there

after all that ruckas, i then proceeded to cut the slide door from the cooker to the cold box

Slow & Low, That is the Tempo!!
icecoldkicks
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27 11 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icecoldkicks
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27 11 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beer Can BBQ wrote:
Wow Ice cold kicks, that thing is looking great i will be looking forward to seeing it sitting on the trailer befor long.

Yeah, Thanks Beer Can BBQ
theres still alot to do, but your right, i should be mounting up real soon. I need to cut out the light holes on the trailer and run the electricity/wiring, I am also not sure if im going to add flooring to the trailer or just leave it as is with just framing, if i do decide to add a floor to it, it will be some raised expanded metal! i still need to mount the fenders, get an appointment with the DMV & lisencing, as for the cooker, i still need to add the cold box cabinet doors, handles all the way around, counter ballances, grill grates for the shelfing, 2" drain Ball Valve, lots of grinder clean up, (i have a friend (Kelly) who kinda ows me a few labor favors) so im gonna have him grind it all out for me and then we're even! Ha! Laughing i'll be sure to get pics of him banging it out!Wink. Then, just some nick nacks and minor details, then a test cook, then sand blast and paint job! Plus The NFL Season is officially here, and the cooker & my shop arent but 14 blocks from Safe Co Baseball field, and The Seahawks stadium, i will be going to get stuck in traffic with this cooker and a for sale sign! Wink !! Finally, i just recieved my Thermometers in the mail, I coulda swore that (River Country) was an American Made product, but boy, i was rong (made in china) after doin some research, i hear that they arent to bad and they have some good feed back, theres no turning back now, im using them, but in the future, if its not American Made, im not doing it! I will be purchasing Tel-Tru next time! heres some pics of the new Thermometers
Thanks for L@@Kn

2 5 inchers and 2 3 inchers for the cabinet doors for the cold box!

gcrawler1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28 11 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great looking project i plan on building one of my own soon one thing i noticed your trailer brakes are upside down i work on that stuff for a living the magnet should be on the bottom which it is with the trailer upside down but not right side up
icecoldkicks
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28 11 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gcrawler1 wrote:
great looking project i plan on building one of my own soon one thing i noticed your trailer brakes are upside down i work on that stuff for a living the magnet should be on the bottom which it is with the trailer upside down but not right side up

Thanks gcrawler1, i had them the other way before my neighbor came to help me and said that they needed to be the other way, so since he had a trailer, i figured he knew what he was talking about! so i called him and asked him to come help me rotate them back with me! Good eye man! Wink any way, heres a few more pics of what i did today!

This is the slider intake door for the cold box, it is mounted from the cooker side with 1/2"x1/8" angle bar, and what was working out to be about a 45 minute job, turned out to bea few hours! and this falls under the old saying, "Don't FIX IT if it Ain't Broke" so i started to tinker with a minor adjustment that was fine and didn't need to be tinkered with, it was fine and only i would have known that there was a minor detail that wasn't visable! and the next thing you knew, i opened one hell ov a can O worms! but as u can from the pics, all is well in the end!

Thanks for look'n, & Thanks again gcrawler1 for the Heads up on the brakes being backwords, that will be fixed first thing in the morning!

Last edited by icecoldkicks on Mon Aug 01 11 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Wreckless
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28 11 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icecoldkicks...looking top notch! Original ideas are hard to come by to set your cooker apart. So many cookers out there and only so much to work with. You're digging deep into the hat, good to see. You are also traveling familiar territory ( smoke stack caps), pondering 3 days on a one day fab up. Been there done that. It's worth it. FWIW..." Don't FIX IT if it Ain't Broke" doesn't apply at this stage of the game. "If it ain't right, fix it" does. You made the right choice. Carry on, hurry up. Laughing
k.a.m.
BBQ Mega Star

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28 11 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icecoldkicks, your cooker is looking fantastic. The stack handles are nice and your slide turned out great. I look forward to seeing some more pics and updates. Very Happy

Hybrid Cooker
TrailerBuilder
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29 11 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice icecoldkicks, keep the updates coming man!
icecoldkicks
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01 11 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Wreckless ! it did take a while to figure how i was going to put the stack lid handles on because there was no room on the horizontal side to make a stack handle especially with reaching over the door & the first stack to get to the back stack lid handle too, i also ruled out the fact that i could make 2 sliders (lids) on one stack lid handle because both of the double stacks were to close to each other and one lid would have been blocking the other stack half way! L0L, my only option was to run them both the way u see in the pics !!!
Also, Thanks for lookingK.A.M. & TrailerBuilderas i was telling wreckless i had one heck of a time figuring those stack lid handles, any way, now i am almost finished with both counter ballances on the horizontal side andd if we remember Julius"s build, hids counter balances were SPOT ON!!! so everything was working out great, I was listening to reggea and cutting the frames and doin my thing, and everything lined up really nice and then i added the first weight on with out the end caps just to see if it was the correct size and ballanced correctly I then lined it up and tacked it

and yes it did balance correct, then i proceeded to cut the 2nd weight 3/16" x 4" x 4" x 27" long,
same as the other weight. heres some pics of this part of the project

i started with cardboard to get the angles correct

so after i added the second counter weight, i noticed that it was off and what happened was is
I needed a second person to help, that 4x4"x 3/16" with 1/4"end caps isn't light, LOL,
so i have my friend Justin here to help me eyeball this second weight so i can get it to look all lined up Rolling Eyes
one counter ballance is easy, but to match 2 is a little more difficult, i truely believe that with
a second pair of hands and eyes i should come back with pics of these weights lined up nicly! Hopfully Rolling Eyes

Thanks for looking

Wanabe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01 11 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

icecoldkicks

Great looking build!

How did you determine what size of counterweight? I am at the point of finishing the doors on my backyard smoker and need a counterweight.

Rod
icecoldkicks
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01 11 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for looking Wanabe!
about the doors, i usually use a 4"x4"x1/4"thick and make it almost as long as my door, as long as the door is the same thickness as the 4x4. i kinda just go with it and try n ry again until its right, lol it can take me minutes or days to figure these types of situations! i have no real way to gage it my friend, it worked out for me well this time, and other times, its been a complete battle good luck with your project, and thanks for looking!

icecoldkicks
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01 11 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, heres the counter weights all fixed up and straightned out! its amazing what another pair of hands and eyes
can do for mounting twin counterbalances heres some pics! i thought the ole cherry picker would help out this situation

heres my friend Justin who came to help me line these counter weights up today

i used these magnets to hold the weight perfectly straight, i only tacked the outside of the
weight and used the magnets to hold the rest of the weight on its frame, this way i could manuver the wieght to line up with the other one if need be.

its hard to see in the back groung, but they are lined up!!!!!

they are lined up perfect, and what i thought was gonna take some time to figure out, literally took an hour or so

icecoldkicks
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01 11 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanabe wrote:
icecoldkicks

Great looking build!

How did you determine what size of counterweight? I am at the point of finishing the doors on my backyard smoker and need a counterweight.

Rod

yeah Rod, what size of thickness is the door on your cooker that your building? if its all 1/4" thick, use a 4" round or a 4"square and almost as long as the door. leme know how it turns out, and do u have a thread on the project your building? have a great day!

Wanabe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01 11 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icecoldkicks

The tank thickness is 3/16 and the door is 38 1/2 wide.
I may end up just weighing the door and then getting something close.

Thanks,
Rod
icecoldkicks
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03 11 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wanabe, my door is 36" wide and 1/4" thick, i forgett rhe measurment from top to bottom.

the counter weight that i used was
27" long 4"x4"x3/16"thick with 1/4" end caps and its working great! im saying if you used anything close to what im using size wize, it should work. If u go with 4"x4"x3/16"thick and say, make it 30" long or so!

I think u will be ok Rod

have a great day

ChuckieD
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04 11 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

icecoldkicks,
She is looking great! Cool
That is a lot of work, awesome job so far bro! Very Happy

Big Green Egg XL
UDS build
The Old Brick Barbecue Project!
TrailerBuilder
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04 11 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good icecoldkicks! The counterweights turned out nice man! Sometimes you just cant beat another set of hands! Keep the updates coming.
icecoldkicks
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04 11 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrailerBuilder wrote:
Looking good icecoldkicks! The counterweights turned out nice man! Sometimes you just cant beat another set of hands! Keep the updates coming.

Thanks TrailerBuilder, if you noticed the history stamp that we talked about a while back on the left door---i went wide on the counter-balance frames just to avoid that history stamp!
I talked to a friend about some paint schemes to make it stand out a bit! im thinking it will be cool, when all said and done

Thanks for looking
more pics coming this weekend

TrailerBuilder
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07 11 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I know for a fact that you have been burning all weekend on this project, so how much longer you going to make us wait on pics of the progress?!?!? Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: