FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My plan for my first brisket!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Old Smoker
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25 11 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks pretty darn good. I've also heard that flats are harder to keep moist than a packer,never done a packer so personaly I wouldn't know,but I've never had a really juicy flat even off the Chargriller,the one I did on the wsm I took to 170 and foiled with some beef stock and a little worchestershire added and finished to 200,let rest an hour,sliced it,put it in a pan and poured the stock from the foil over it, I think thats the only reason it was juicy,it was sitt'n in a puddle of juice. I need to use mine more,
LIAR #29
------------------------------
Kevin Randolph
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25 11 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice smokering!! It all looks real good to me. My wife really liked the dessert pics.
1buckie
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25 11 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That turned out gorgeous !!!
Very well done !!!
Another 1st time cook gone extremely well....

~>K
smcswain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25 11 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for the compliments. I think I'll go for the packer next time, too. See if I can leave a nice 1/4 inch fat cap on it and hopefully keep the temp a little lower through the cook.

For anyone interested in the Nutter Butter Banana Pudding recipe, it's in the Southern Living Big BBQ Book... I used the "instant pudding" variation. Off the top of my head, it's...

Mix 3 cups of milk, 1 tsp vanilla, and 2 packs (3.4 oz) vanilla instant pudding mix and whisk until it thickens. Whisk in 8 ounces of sour cream, then chill for 30 minutes. Slice up 4-5 ripe bananas, and break Nutter Butters into thirds. Then layer pudding, Nutter Butters, bananas, pudding, Nutter Butters, bananas, and pudding again. (The actual recipe doesn't call for that many layers, but I wanted some extra Nutter Butters). Top with cool whip, then put it in the fridge until the Nutter Butters can soften a little.

It really is the best banana pudding EVER.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: