FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Concession Trailers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SigSauerNY
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25 11 2:39 am    Post subject: Concession Trailers Reply with quote

Im looking into building a 8.5 x 28 or 30' trailer, curious if anyone here runs one, and if so how much propane do you consume (roughly)

I can pass fire marshal with a 40 and 30 lb tank or two 30's over that I need more permits / fees and im trying to keep my costs down, if it means im going to be running out of propane every couple days then I might go for it, or consider the cost of running a line to my truck from the utility company.

Thanks

** edit - also has anyone here used cajun concession trailers / cajun cargo in Louisianna / GA - their prices seem decent and everything looks great, I also have heard some nightmare stories from other people in their situations with other vendors.
BBQMAN
BBQ Super All Star

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25 11 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have my trailer build info.

As far as how long LP will last that depends on what you are using it for, and how long you plan on being in operation each day.

Give us a list sf equipment and we can come up with a ballpark idea -which will still be a guess but much less of us guess than going off of nothing! Razz

Most operations that require LP go with dual 40s or dual 100s (which really require being filled in place due to weight).
Get Your Rub On BBQ
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25 11 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Propane consumption will vary based on your temps and times. I add some charcoal and then wood to my SPX 300 and use gas for backup on over night cooks.
daddywoofdawg
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25 11 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it for gas assit in a smoker?a gas smoker,running propane fryers,etc.No real information to answer that question.need details.
Char grill smoker
Weber kettle
qfanatic01
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25 11 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 500 and a 300, the fire box on 300 isn't big enough to get enough fuel to run on just wood without doing more baby sitting.

I bought my trailer from an outfit in Georgia. Best price I could find last winter. I put the sink in myself I got it from a place in Miami and had the hood fabricated locally. The trailer less the smoker was under 8000 plus tax and picking it up. My 500 fit like a glove.

I use 40# tanks about one a week or so. There is an auto back up tank set up that I am going to get for 30 bucks or so. I've been burned by that a couple of times.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Commercial BBQ All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: