FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Patriotic Biscuit Berry Shortcake

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Dessert Recipes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jarhead
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05 11 6:39 pm    Post subject: Patriotic Biscuit Berry Shortcake Reply with quote

I made these yesterday for a fish fry.
One of my friend's son just got home from Afghanistan, and I wanted to do something with a patriotic flair. This recipe is simple, delicious and has a great presentation.
The fish, hush puppies, coleslaw and potato salad were all spoken for. So I said that I would do the dessert.
I remembered this recipe from General Mills Foodservice that I made last 4th of July.

Biscuit Berry Shortcake (Done my way)

Ingredients:
1 24 pk Pillsbury Southern Style Pre-baked Biscuits, 2 oz ea (Substitute Baked Grands Southern Style Biscuits)
1 Quart fresh Strawberries
1 Pint fresh Blueberries
1/2 C White Sugar
1/2 C Cool Water
1/2 C Sugar In The Raw
1 can Redi-Whip Original or your favorite Whipped Cream

Directions:
Cut strawberries and blueberries in half. Add 1/4 C white sugar to each. Mix well. Let stand 1 hour in the refrigerator.

Combine strawberries and blueberries for the filling. Mix well.. Cover and return to the refrigerator until needed.

If you have the time, make your own whipped cream or you can do as I did and use Redi-Whip Original.

Dip or brush the top of each biscuit in cool water. Then dip the tops in Sugar in the Raw to lightly coat.

Bake Pillsbury Southern Style Biscuits as directed. My small Breville convection oven took 8 minutes at 325. Rotate pan halfway through the baking process.

Remove to a wire rack and cool.

Slice each biscuit in half, horizontally.

Put about 2 Tbsp of whipped cream on the bottom half of each biscuit, followed by 2 Tbsp of mixed berries, top with 1 Tbsp whipped cream. Place the biscuit top on the whipped cream to finish.

Thanks for lookin', ENJOY...

Jarhead's World Blog
KCBS CBJ & HMFIC Debbie's Q Shack
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Dessert Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: