FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PLEASE READ! Rules for an easy life on these forums.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01 11 7:22 am    Post subject: PLEASE READ! Rules for an easy life on these forums. Reply with quote

These are the registration rules!

Quote:
While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.

This forum system uses cookies to store information on your local computer. These cookies do not contain any of the information you have entered above; they serve only to improve your viewing pleasure. The e-mail address is used only for confirming your registration details and password (and for sending new passwords should you forget your current one).

Here are some additional rules that make life a little easier all round.

1) Don't post pictures bigger than 650px on the longest side. If you find your pictures gone and just the link in their place, then they were bigger than 650px, and rather than removing them completely I turn the images back to links, here is a whole thread about it PMPNLT650pxOTLS!

2) Don't use your signature line to spam this forum, if you want to include your website, then please put it in the www slot on your profile, if you link to your signature and you have less than a hundred posts you will find the links being put into your www slot!

3) If you want to debate the pro's and cons of a smoker, technique, recipe, feel free to proffer an alternate version, if you want to debate my conduct as the Site Administrator, please take it private, and communicate with Garry via PM and email... If you think challenging the Site Administrators decision in an open thread, will win you friends and influence people, (well it might win you friends, but it will only influence how long a ban you pick up).

4) If you don't want to get mauled, then DON'T feed the bear, by doing the things proscribed in this thread.

5) Don't bump, ttt (to the top) your posts, if you have new information or answer a question that is fine, but if you bump or ttt or any other useless post, (just to get your thread to the top again), you risk a ban, when your bump is seen the bump will be removed, if you continue to bump, you risk a ban either temporary or permanently!

6) Don't cross post, don't just cut and paste the same or nearly the same thread into different sections of these forums, it will be deemed cross posting and will end up with all the extraneous posts deleted, the Site Administrator will attempt to leave one in the most relevant section of the forum, offenders will be warned, repeat offender will be banned.

7) We all have opinions, and we like to be able to express them, while believing that others opinions don't carry quite as much weight as our own.

Quote:
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws.

We all get as much leeway as I as the Site Administrator can allow on these bold sections, but once the Site Administrator feels it has past the point of common decency, that comes down to my personal call or to Garry's call as the owner of the site.

This is a fairly family friendly site, and I would like to keep it that way, if you can't understand, curb your enthusiasm to insult or deride other members, then your time on the site may be more limited than you wish.

Cool If you should be unable to login, post, to send PM's and your Avatar has disappeared, you should check your email for a message informing you of the length of your ban.

9.) If you pick up a ban and choose to attack the Site Administrator via email you will just be adding to the ban, and I wont bother reading your emails, they will be added to my Spam folder, if you choose to continue, look for a much longer ban!

I still work here!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: