FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Home Production of Quality Meats & Sausages-New Book

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seminole

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01 10 6:24 am    Post subject: Home Production of Quality Meats & Sausages-New Book Reply with quote

Home Production of Quality Meats and Sausages by Stanley and Adam Marianski has recently been released. Not a simple cookbook loaded with recipes but rather a one- volume reference (700 pages) that bridges the gap that exists between technical textbooks and the requirements of the typical hobbyist. Their previous books: Meat Smoking and Smokehouse Design, Polish Sausages, Authentic Recipes and Instructions and The Art of Making Fermented Sausages have dealt mainly with sausages, this book deals with all types of meat products. The book covers topics such as curing and making brines, smoking meats and sausages, U.S. Standards, making fresh, smoked, emulsified, fermented and air dried products, making special sausages such as head cheeses, blood and liver sausages, low salt, low fat and Kosher products, hams, bacon, butts and loins, poultry, fish and game, barbecue, canning, meat safety, creating your own recipes and much more…

To get the reader started 172 recipes are provided which were chosen for their originality and historical value. Although recipes play an important role in these products, it is the process that ultimately decides the sausage quality. The quote from the book: “We don’t want the reader to copy the recipes only, we want him to understand the sausage making process and we want him to create his own recipes. We want him to be the sausage maker.”

Published by Bookmagic LLC.

You can search the book inside at: http://bookmagic.com/books/home-production-quality-meats-sausages
dagulskie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18 11 8:28 pm    Post subject: Cookbooks Reply with quote

I love the cookbook of Home Production it aims to educate the reader about the reasons for the rules of a recipe: why meat behaves the way it does when subjected to heat or salinity, why ingredients are combined in a certain order, and how to make safe-to-eat, professional-quality sausage.

tacklebox
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04 11 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This book is the book on sausage making. Especially if you are as big of a food geek as I am Wink I really like the science or 'whys' behind all cooking, not just recipes. This book delves into all of the 'whys' and 'why nots' of good sausage. Even if you have been making sausages for years, this book is sure to have something you may not know of. I'm really looking forward to making many of the sausages in the book.
Twisted Evil Pompous Ass Bigoted LIAR #69 Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookbooks All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: