FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clam chowder recipe needed!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Seafood Recipes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Corky

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28 06 8:13 am    Post subject: Clam chowder recipe needed!!!! Reply with quote

Hi fellas,
We got a Smokey Bones here about 6 mounths ago,(pretty darn good ribs for a chain place) but they had a claim chowder that my wife loved, and they stop carrying about a month ago. Does anyone know it that is a seasonal item, or does anyone have a recipe for this that close to it.
Thanks Guys I would appreciate this, if it keeps the wife happy, Then I'm happy.. Very Happy
Alien BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28 06 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All depends where they were getting their clams and oysters from. If it was from Louisiana then you won’t see anything for a while. With all the sewage running back into the gulf from Katrina, I wouldn’t feel good about those or crawfish from the same region for a while.
Gourmet-Gator
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11 06 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quickest easiest clam chowder I know is...open a can of Snows New England style clam chowder and heat to taste....EXCELLENT chowder!
Mike Lawry
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11 06 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres some resturant clone recipes if this link works.

lisk

Mike Lawry
Uncle Fester

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29 06 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my recipe.

Bottled clam juice
canned clams
potatoes
Whipping cream
Half & Half
butter
bacon
minced onion
minced celery

cut the potatoes into whatever sized pieces you want. I usually cut mine a little large cuz I want a hearty spoonfull. Put potatoes in stock pot and cover with clam juice, bring to boil and lower to simmer till the taters are almost cooked.

In skillet fry bacon until crispy remove and crumble bacon. Add the onion and celery to skillet and saute. Add to potatoes, add crumbled bacon and clams with juice. Add butter and Whipped cream/Half & Half and enjoy.

This is a staple when family come to our house. They love it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Seafood Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: