FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3 Phase..
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tiznutbrnt
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22 10 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killswitch505 wrote:
Inner10 wrote:
You mean you see 2 hots and a ground? Not 2 hots and a neutral?

The neutral and the ground are bonded at the panel, the idea is the ground acts as the shortest path to ground in the event the neutral being broken. Without the ground connected you would become the shortest path to ground. Is the ground entirely necessary operationally speaking? Not really but its for safety.

+1 but dont bond you ground and neutral in a sub panel only at your "first means of disconnect" this can cause you problems with noise bad. it can be bad for your tv and radio i kinda think this is B S

Old school says to put a condenser in line and it takes out the noise..
It is impossible to remain uninvolved.
Brinkmann Smoke'N Pit, Smoke King Deluxe Heavy-Duty Charcoal/Wood Smoker & Grill
Modified Charbroil
Inner10
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22 10 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
+1 but dont bond you ground and neutral in a sub panel only at your "first means of disconnect" this can cause you problems with noise bad. it can be bad for your tv and radio i kinda think this is B S

My bad I was referring to the main panel.

Its not really bad per-say but the noise causes problems to sensitive electronics. The one I deal with on a regular basis is ground potentials between video displays and video sources in distribution systems. You either have to run isolated grounds to each power source or put ground cheaters in. Sharing grounds between LCD TVs and cable boxes is notorious for getting a nice 60Hz buzz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Tech-Talk All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: