FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Q in Colorado ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smokenfools

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12 09 3:21 am    Post subject: Best Q in Colorado ??? Reply with quote

I have my own opinions and will share but would love to hear what you have to say first
mlockner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12 09 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My house in Arvada. Other than that it was Brooks in Denver. They are not open right now, but are looking into opening a new location.
phatkid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13 09 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! My house in Golden! When I have to, I go to Piggin Out near Morrison.
mlockner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13 09 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piggin out is a good spot. Jim & Nicks at Northfield is not bad for chain stuff. We've tried most and there are not a lot of stand out places. I guess if you smoke good Q you are a little more picky about where you go.

Mike
ObscureDave

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15 09 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colorado is tough. We have found only one rooftop of interest and have only been once so can't speak to consistency, Brickyard BBQ (Broadway & County Line in the old Nono's space). Good pulled pork and brisket. Prefer to smoke our own in the Mile High region. Save our restaurant experiences for K.C. and Austin area.

The tradition just isn't here to build upon. And the natives are too inexperienced to discern and demand better product.
Rojellio Es Caliente
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18 09 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phatkid wrote:
LOL! My house in Golden! When I have to, I go to Piggin Out near Morrison.

Phatkid has the right idea. There's a place like that in Grand Junction too... my place.
40DODGE
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29 09 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bennett's on Peoria Street is where I like to stop when I'm in Denver.

Traeger Texas BBQ075
Weber 22" Kettle
Punky

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04 09 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried Serious Texas BBQ on Hwy 287 between Fort Collins and Loveland and thought it was great. Nothing fancy, reminds you of the BBQ houses in Texas, good grub at decent prices. Sauce nothing special, but the meats were all very good. I think their original store is in Durango, haven't tried it. Probably the best I've had in CO.

I get great comments for my pulled pork at my restaurant, Punky's, in Buena Vista. We're not a BBQ restaurant, but have a small smoker and have it on the menu all the time.
Somokorama Pressure Smoker
Brinkmann Off Set Smoker
zwvirtual

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07 10 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Punky wrote:
I tried Serious Texas BBQ on Hwy 287 between Fort Collins and Loveland and thought it was great. Nothing fancy, reminds you of the BBQ houses in Texas, good grub at decent prices. Sauce nothing special, but the meats were all very good. I think their original store is in Durango, haven't tried it. Probably the best I've had in CO.

I get great comments for my pulled pork at my restaurant, Punky's, in Buena Vista. We're not a BBQ restaurant, but have a small smoker and have it on the menu all the time.

I live in Loveland, so we went there one day. Very plain. The brisket was tender but had absolutely no taste to it. Had to drown it in sauce to have any flavor (not even a smoke flavor).
Koopdaddy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18 10 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Nordy's BBQ next to the Budweiser Event Center.
bubbysbbq

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18 10 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully you guys will stop by when I open up in parker colorado.We are looking at a couple of spots.Don't worry no chain stuff here. Just good real bbq. All stickburners. Thanks guys and any advice or info apreciated.
phatkid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18 10 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at Oskar Blues in Lyons a couple of weeks ago and tried their pulled pork. Must say it was some of the best I've had here in CO besides mine.

Buddy, let us know when you open up.
phatkid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18 10 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Bubby. I can't read.
Rocko-la
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22 10 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried many BBQ places here, most are OK but the biggest thing that gets me is the consistency. I'll go there and it is good then the next time I go it isn't. I'm guessing that they don't sell as much as they do in TX. When I was in TX, even the bad BBQ places had a constant stream of people coming in.

Serious TX is good, very representative of a BBQ joint in TX. I just wish their sauce was better. Nordy's was pretty good, but I've only been there once. I've heard that there is a Bono's BBQ around here but I haven't been. I went to a couple in FL and they had good pork.
ObscureDave

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29 10 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remembered another, Smoque in Basalt. Very good meat in a very nice contemporary atmosphere; not your usual BBQ dive.

Will be back there in August so I'll report back.
sizzler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03 10 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Punky"]I tried Serious Texas BBQ on Hwy 287 between Fort Collins and Loveland and thought it was great. Nothing fancy, reminds you of the BBQ houses in Texas, good grub at decent prices. Sauce nothing special, but the meats were all very good. I think their original store is in Durango, haven't tried it. Probably the best I've had in CO.

I've been to their location in Durango during my vacation two weeks ago. I had the sampler platter with brisket, pork loin, turkey and sausage and the other day a half pound of pulled pork. The meat was very tender but I missed the smoke flavor and more spices to it. The prices are very decent compared to others.

The other places were "Thee Pitts Again" in Silverton and "Famous Dave's" in Denver/Stapleton. Had great pulled pork, brisket and ribs there.

Life is BBQ, everything before and after is just waiting.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=23725&id=1514611952&l=54284b23fb
Soapm
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06 10 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam Taylors gets my vote. http://www.samtaylorsbbq.com/

40DODGE wrote:
Bennett's on Peoria Street is where I like to stop when I'm in Denver.

Their sauce is tangy and the ribs have no meat on the bones. One person can eat a slab of the spare ribs. They also over cook the meat for my taste.

bubbysbbq wrote:
Hopefully you guys will stop by when I open up in parker colorado.

I'll be glad to give it a try. Hopefully you won't just have baby backs like that other place in parker. Hickory House I think??

sizzler wrote:
"Famous Dave's" in Denver/Stapleton. Had great pulled pork, brisket and ribs there.

Not a fan of that place. I like their corn bread but the ribs aren't meaty and taste a little dry to me. I like my rib tips left on. Sauce is pretty good. I have a ton of those packets in a kitchen drawer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: