FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rust??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
beachsands

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15 10 7:35 am    Post subject: Rust?? Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
I have been cooking on a Kingfisher rotisserie smoker, and in general I love it. Something that has been concerning me of late is the huge pieces of flaking rust coming off of the firebox, firebox doors and a few other areas of intense heat affected areas. Is this normal? It seems to me that I will need a replacement smoker soon if it keeps rusting this way. Does anyone else have this problem? Or a solution?

Thanks, Joel
k.a.m.
BBQ Mega Star

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15 10 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joel, when metal is subjected to extreme high heat and then cooled repeatedly you will start to loose layers of the steel especially in high humidity areas. I look at it like a sunburn on your skin but you do not regrow the steel. I have found the thinner the steel the more this happens. If you leave your ash in your firebox this will also promote corrosion.

Hybrid Cooker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: