FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TM Rock fest

View previous topic :: View next topic  
daddywoofdawg
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13 10 12:18 am    Post subject: TM Rock fest Reply with quote

I just got back from vending at a three day rock fest.The weather was great but a little hot more money was spend on beer for the people than on the food so sales were so so;Now for a cool story,the first night the road manager for blood, sweat and tears came over and order some ribs for the band (I didn't know it was for them)the next night the road manager told the green room cater the night ranger heard about the ribs and had to have some so he came over and asked for a deal for the band if I could supply the order I had just taken off 7 racks of the best looking ribs I had made in a month so I said sure I would if the band would sign my business shirt and a picture we could work something out.well he came back a few mins later with a signed photo and T-shirt so we worked out a price.Kewl well I guess word gets around.the next night framing hanley manager came by want to work something out becuase they had heard on the road the ribs were great!so I said if they sign my business T andlet me get a photo with them I could do something.So 10 mins later they came by signed my shirt got a photo with them and they stood in front of my stand and ate.well to make a long story longer all these fans came over to see them and I had a huge line of hungry fans.well worth the deal!And I got advertisement on the local radio and from my home station(the DJ was there).
Framing Hanley and me

Concert blood sweat and tears

Trailer

Vendor Row

Char grill smoker
Weber kettle
Jarhead
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13 10 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great score there DWD. You should have asked them to be their personal chef. Shocked

Jarhead's World Blog
KCBS CBJ & HMFIC Debbie's Q Shack
dietzy
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13 10 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes way cool, daddywoofdawg.

My questions are:

How hard did you work for those 3 days and how much $ did you make?

How hard did the band work for those 90 mins. on stage and how much $ did they make?

It kills me that they wanted a deal.

- Still pretty cool and great publicity -

Good job!
Rob
Louie3
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13 10 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Job DWD...hard to believe the big guys were so cheap!!!!
OldBob
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13 10 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dietzy wrote:
How hard did the band work for those 90 mins. on stage and how much $ did they make?

Rob, they worked harder than you might think and made less than you would imagine after expenses.

All you see is the 90 minutes on stage and think of what they must be paid for those 90 minutes. You don't see the time and effort expended to get to the that point and you wouldn't believe the expenses that come out of that paycheck.

A little perspective. "You want how much for 3 bones and a little dab of tater salad and beans? You must be nuts, I can go down to Billy Joe Bob's Rib Shack and get a half rack of baby backs and fries for only $3 more!"

Oh, that 90 minutes on stage, that isn't work. That is pure adrenalin rush and is done before you want it to be. Time...flows differently on stage.

Out there in the spotlight
You're a million miles away
Every ounce of energy
You try to give away
As the sweat pours out your body
Like the music that you play

Turn the Page - Bob Segar

Char-Griller Smokin Pro w/Mods.
Char-Griller Outlaw

Maverick Redi-Chek ET-73
Remote Smoker Thermometer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Vending All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: