FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Met someone at Naperville Ribfest yesterday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samson
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Jul 02 2010    Post subject: Met someone at Naperville Ribfest yesterday Reply with quote

Went to the Naperville Ribfest yesterday. Ate way too much. Tried ribs from Uncle Bubs, Smokin' Joes Hog Wild BBQ, ribs and brisket from Texas Outlaws. These guys and some others were close to the usual spot on the north side of the park...thats the side everyone was coming in at. After walking around for a bit we found out there were more on the south side of the park. The side no one was going to.

These guys were tucked way in the corner and the lines were pretty short. Even though I was still stuffed I headed over to check things out and try some more ribs. I was amazed to see Butches Smack Your Lips BBQ out there! If you remember Butch Lupinetti was the guy who kicked Bobby Flays a$$ on Throwdown! Went and picked up a half slab and who do I see in the back? Butch!

Very cool guy. He came out for some pics, autographed some stickers for my kids and chatted with me and a couple others about Bobby and his time spent behind the camera. He knew about the Smoke Ring and I told him I would throw out the word for anyone here going to Ribfest to walk the extra distance and check out his ribs. I thought they were the best of what I had. He is located in the south park!

In the lower right corner is Butch talking about his sauces with some people.

Butch and Samson!

Teleking
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Jul 02 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remeber, he does them hot and fast.

cool beans Wink

cheers

“The Bride of Franken Smoker”
bigtex
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Jul 02 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool
rw02kr43
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Jul 03 2010    Post subject: columbus Reply with quote

it looks like he's going to be at the Columbus OH rib fest. I'll have to stop by and say hi. And of course buy some food or something.

Jason
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: