FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Carshow Vend

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff T
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13 10 11:36 pm    Post subject: Carshow Vend Reply with quote

Yesterday we done a small car show with about 60 cars, live music, BBQ cook off etc....
Started off a little slow but of course it picked up really fast at noon. Before it got real busy the wife & i snapped a few pics. Had a pretty good day thought i`d share.

My cookin buddy & I on the new grill. A little scared to really load it up on the first try. Filled it up after that small load, sure was a hot grill to stand in front of. Worked out great though.

My poultry seasoning giving the legs some love.

My view for most of the day cooking riblets.

Sold out on riblets & chicken legs. Show ran from noon till 5 pm. People cant seem to get enough of those riblets. Even with three of us selling BBQ. Again this year i was the only one selling chicken & ribs of some type. Others sold Turkey legs & pulled pork sandwiches etc...

Still early but a few cars are lined up.

Getting busier.

Cook off area, beer garden and stage.

Pitts & Spitts cooker from Iowa in the background.

Southern Pride cooking turkey legs & pulled pork.

Our front door. Thanks for stopping by...
BluzQue
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13 10 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharin' the great pics Jeff T!
That grillin' setup of yours looks like the ticket Wink
Had some fun & made some coins...don't get much
better than that in the Ole BBQ World Exclamation

Cool

GOOD MUSIC GOOD FOOD GOOD BEER GREAT FRIENDS

OLE BOY OFFSET SMOKER
WEBER PERFORMER GRILL
WHISKEY BARREL SMOKER
Louie3
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14 10 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics Jeff thanks for sharing..
4LittlePigs
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14 10 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like everything was great. What kind of riblet cut is that? I'm curious. I was 1 of 10 vendors selected out of a lottery of 50 to vend at the 4th of July celebration and was looking at different options. I'm doing pulled pork and pulled chicken sammies, smoked sausages on a stick and a bbq sundae so far. But I am always open to new stuff.
Jeff T
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14 10 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My butcher tells me they come from the loin area.
http://porcine.unl.edu/porcine2005/pages/showBones.jsp?ID=15
Description:
This item is derived from the transverse processes and associated lean from the lumbar vertebrae of any IMPS bone in pork loin after removal of the tenderloin and the loin eye. Riblets shall; contain no less than four transverse processes sometimes referred to as “paddle” or “finger” bones.

They are Farmland brand, $9.90-$15.90 a 10 lb box depending on the sale if any. Pretty cheap... but people love them. I rub & smoke them for 2-3 hours then transfer to a covered foil pan. Add a little apple juice & back to the smoker for 1/2-1 hour to steam.
They end up with a "pork-chop-like" texture when grilled straight through. When the crowd is flowing & i`m pressed for time i smoke for a couple of hours then finish on the grill. Sauce on the side. Never had anyone complain either way i cook them.

Individual one.

Farmland Box

Label up close
There is approximately 35-40 pieces per 10lb box, @ $10.00 a box, that comes to about .23-.25 cents each strip. So yeah i was selling them 3 strips for $5.00 cost of around $1.50 total of meat, rub, sauce, plate, napkin etc... Always a good seller. Of course any thing with the word "rib" in it sells around here. Wink
Thanks for the comments guys, it was a hot, humid day standing in from of the grill or smoker all afternoon but we made some cash and had fun doing it. Very Happy
One thing i learned real fast was if your cooking/grilling out doors and people can see you cooking and it looks good, they will want it.
Point in case, i took along a small bag of mis-cut pork loin chops that i cut into strips about like a half strip of bacon. I threaded a few on a skewers/sticks for a pass around to other venders and for us to eat. People saw me grilling them and wanted them, "whats that.. looks good... how much for those" ? so we sold about 15-20 "loin strips on a stick" too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Vending All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: