FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lookin for a good beef fajita marinade

View previous topic :: View next topic  
texaggie2007

PostPosted: Fri May 07 10 1:34 am    Post subject: Lookin for a good beef fajita marinade Reply with quote

Forgive me if there is already a thread on this, used the search function and couldn't find anything and I'm new. Grew up lazy and just used the HEB or Sams pre marinaded meat but can't get that up here. Want to marinade some skirt steaks for fajitas this weekend for the grill to tide me over til my smoker arrives.
Thanks
bubbysbbq

PostPosted: Fri May 07 10 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try italian dressing believe it or not its awsome on side skirts. Used that on side skirts one time with my rub and won the anything butt category. Wink
enjkuck
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sat May 08 10 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this one. This is a fantastic recipe from Alton, but if you know Alton, you know that he can have a funny way of doing some things. I ignore the dryer and placing meat on the coals. I usually grill the meat and then store it in a foil pouch. Then I cut up some onions, peppers and coat with evoo. saute in a pan over high heat and then at the end pour the juices that form from the meat being in the foil over the vegies.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/skirt-steak-recipe/index.html
samson
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sat May 15 10 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

enjkuck, you beat me to that! Hands down my favorite marinade for beef fajitas! I've used it on both skirt and flank steaks and they always turn out great.

Usually I wrap the meat in foil to let rest for a bit. There is so much juice in the foil when I open it up I pour it all over the meat when its sliced...good stuff.
Rojellio Es Caliente
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue May 18 10 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bubbysbbq wrote:
Try italian dressing believe it or not its awsome on side skirts. Used that on side skirts one time with my rub and won the anything butt category. Wink

OR make your own. IT will likely be more Italian than the store bought stuff. Wink I'm just saying... I am not entirely sure how Italian soybean oil is....

3 parts Olive oil, 1 part Vinegar, some spices that are typical for the meat you will be cooking. {same rub as you will put on the meat} I put it in a jar a few days prior, and shake it once in a while.
HOTDAMN

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11 10 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

enjkuck wrote:
Try this one. This is a fantastic recipe from Alton

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/skirt-steak-recipe/index.html

+1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Beef Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: