FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stainless-steel vending trailer, craigslist find

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28 10 2:48 am    Post subject: Stainless-steel vending trailer, craigslist find Reply with quote

http://northernwi.craigslist.org/bfs/1706330660.html $4K

is this something any of you guys may be interested in?

Here is another, and it is big! $23K
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/bfs/1712458318.html
kurtsara
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28 10 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: Stainless-steel vending trailer, craigslist find Reply with quote

Harry Nutczak wrote:
http://northernwi.craigslist.org/bfs/1706330660.html $4K

is this something any of you guys may be interested in?

Here is another, and it is big! $23K
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/bfs/1712458318.html

The stainless one is a scam, you pay and they will ship it on there dime and if you like it you keep it, if you don't like it they are nice enough to ship it back to themselves at no cost to you

2 Ole Hickory CTO's
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28 10 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Stainless-steel vending trailer, craigslist find Reply with quote

kurtsara wrote:

The stainless one is a scam, you pay and they will ship it on there dime and if you like it you keep it, if you don't like it they are nice enough to ship it back to themselves at no cost to you

How did you reach that conclusion? I just read through the listing and I saw nothing about shipping, did you contact the seller?
I will be down that way later this week, I can check it out for anyone that may be interested to verify the trailer does actually exist and see what kind of shape it is in.

I wonder what the large trailer in the second listing was using for a cooker, and how they towed that too?
daddywoofdawg
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28 10 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My money is on the stainless as a scam too.I searched for over a year before I found mine and I heard the story of they will ship on there dime.no they don't say it in the ads it's after you talk to them and western union the money to someplace else because theyare working in another state.12 times I talked to people 11 times it was this story.and it was always in the 3090 3190 3091 price range.Could be real but I don't think so.and two people work in a 6x10 unit? don't move.
Char grill smoker
Weber kettle
SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28 10 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just Googled the nicolefilary2002@ and there are lots of other CL ads for this and other things, first is a scam or a scam or maybe a scam.

See disclaimer below!

I still work here!
kurtsara
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28 10 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Stainless-steel vending trailer, craigslist find Reply with quote

Harry Nutczak wrote:
kurtsara wrote:

How did you reach that conclusion? I just read through the listing and I saw nothing about shipping, did you contact the seller?
I will be down that way later this week, I can check it out for anyone that may be interested to verify the trailer does actually exist and see what kind of shape it is in.

I wonder what the large trailer in the second listing was using for a cooker, and how they towed that too?

I did get an email back telling me what I said in my post above but I deleted it, I emailed her again with a different account for another response to show you guys, I have been looking for a trailer for a few months now and there are allot of scams out there, typicaly (not always, though) if they give you a email address in there post instead of using the Craigslist email it has been a scam, allot of the real ones also put a phone number.

Also, and no offense to those in small towns, but I think they think we are easier to fool in the small towns, a buddy of mine was going to western union $4000.00 to someone in Florida for a car and they were going to ship it for free, I asked him if he would ship someone a car to florida for free, he says no that is why this is such a good deal.

If you don't no about western union I'll tell you, you do not need an ID to collect the money from western union, only a password you and the seller agree on, so as soon as you send the money with western union, to florida or where ever, the person collecting the money could be watching you send it and wait in line after you and collect the money with no ID, they don't have to be in florida, they can be anywhere

Oh, and nicolefilary2002@msn.com has had the same fake trailer for sale in Columbus, Ohio and Longisland also

2 Ole Hickory CTO's
kurtsara
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28 10 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She sent a reply to my other email

Quote:
Hi,
The food trailer is located in Florida.The price for the trailer is $3000 and it includes shipping and insurance.The trailer It's in perfect condition without any mechanical problems,with no damages or hidden defects,no need additional repairs,fully equipped,liens or loans and it has the health dept. certified in any state.I had a buyer from California but his loan was not approved and now the trailer is still for sale.Shipping is already paid, as I explained, my buyer couldn't take the loan after I made the arrangements to ship the trailer,and the trucking company won't refund me, but I am able to ship the trailer anywhere in US.As I travel a lot and I can't do this transaction personally, the transaction will be made thru eBay for our safety and so we can be sure of the legitimacy of our deal...to do that i need your full name and full shipping address and ebay will contact you shortly with all the information you need.
I have to let you know that I want a fast deal because I have some financial problems right now.
Please reply me asap if interested
Nicole

I hope nobody would fall for this, from all the looking at different vending trailers and the shipping rates (most are $1.00-$1.50 per mile) would be about $1600.00 minimum from Florida

2 Ole Hickory CTO's
daddywoofdawg
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29 10 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was the story I got for over a year when I looked at CL trailers.There are a few real ones on CL but go look and see the title before any money is done.I do know of a real concession trailer on CL in rodchester,MN for sale and I thought about it hard and the guy was willing to take it to fargo or the cities for gas money as he whenthat way couple times a month.I didn't buy it becuase it was a little bigger than I needed and I found one I liked better.Me, If I'm going to buy a used/new trailer online, I would buy on Ebay with paypal you can at least get a refund if it's a scam.But If youcan always look at it before you pay.Some times the pics don't show the dents and dings and that something that looks fine doesn't work so that will have to be fixed.
Char grill smoker
Weber kettle
BluzQue
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29 10 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it sounds a little too good to be true
It Probably Is Laughing Laughing Laughing

Cool

GOOD MUSIC GOOD FOOD GOOD BEER GREAT FRIENDS

OLE BOY OFFSET SMOKER
WEBER PERFORMER GRILL
WHISKEY BARREL SMOKER
Cayman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29 10 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just bought a new vending trailor from south Alabama. They are manufactured in south Mississippi, about 30 miles out of Mobile. We drove down there to check out the operations and they were legit. We put down a deposit about a week later and paid the rest upon pickup. Not sure what their shipping rate was, but it was cheaper for us to go down and pick it up. A few minor issues and about a day and a half late on the scheduled pickup date, but they have trailors with smokers on the back porch. If anyone is interested, I'll supply the url.
Jeff T
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29 10 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bout pee`d myself when i first read the title and saw the pics.....
Good thing i finished reading this thread before a wrote the check.
First thing i thought of was the X got that vending trailer too & just wants some quick cash.
Dad always told if it sound to good to be true..... BluzQue is right about that one.
Think about it fellas... from what i have seen, a empty trailer of this size, just wired and plumbed etc... ready to install all the good stuff, white exterior walls, nothing fancy, sells new for 12,000-14,000.
kurtsara
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29 10 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff T wrote:
Bout pee`d myself when i first read the title and saw the pics.....
Good thing i finished reading this thread before a wrote the check.
First thing i thought of was the X got that vending trailer too & just wants some quick cash.
Dad always told if it sound to good to be true..... BluzQue is right about that one.
Think about it fellas... from what i have seen, a empty trailer of this size, just wired and plumbed etc... ready to install all the good stuff, white exterior walls, nothing fancy, sells new for 12,000-14,000.

You would think the scammers would try a realistic price then maybe they would fool someone.

2 Ole Hickory CTO's
daddywoofdawg
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29 10 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They pray on peoples saving or willing to spend "I got to get this get deal" where as if it cost 10-12000 I have to talk to the bank and friends and...
Char grill smoker
Weber kettle
Jeff T
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat May 08 10 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found another scam that sounds too good to be true. I e-mailed them, reply said "its in Washington State but i have the shipping already paid" 'this has to be a fast deal.. cause i need the money" "financed thru e-bay for our protection"
I knew this was a scam cause living in a small town like Norfolk Ne. i know who is catering/vending and how long they been doing it etc....
I asked them for a phone number but of course they didn`t give me one
Top right pic of the fridge is worth $3500 Very Happy
http://siouxcity.craigslist.org/bfs/1722392726.html
I`d just kick myself if this wasn't a scam but i`m pretty sure it is. Wink
I looked thru the used vending/catering trailers that Google had to offer, i couldn't find a one for less than $8000 that was newer than a 2000 or bigger than a 6x10.
daddywoofdawg
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun May 09 10 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya it's a scam.I've seen the I'm in one state andthe trailer is in another.and they will ship it to you.and it seems they like to use an odd number like 3540.
Char grill smoker
Weber kettle
kurtsara
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sun May 09 10 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out this Link it is a add I put on Craigslist with all the scams I find

2 Ole Hickory CTO's
Jeff T
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun May 09 10 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kurtsara wrote:
Check out this Link it is a add I put on Craigslist with all the scams I find

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Too Cool
dietzy
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 10 10 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I replied to one of the ads on Kurtsara's list. I knew it was a scam, deals that good don't fall into my lap. The seller was getting deployed and needed to sell. The trailer was "boxed up" ready to be shipped.I just need to send the money western union. My reply was my brother is in the army and will be at the base were the trailer was. He would check it out for me, pay him in cash and pick it up for me. Never heard back from him. Go figure!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Vending All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: