FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Catering getting started

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10 05 12:54 pm    Post subject: Catering getting started Reply with quote

I would like to start a small Bar- B-Que catering bussness in Ct. but I'm not sure how to start. Would my New Brunsfeld Hondo type smoker be enough to get started or do I need a bigger set-up. My neighbor said my Q was second to Amadillo Willy"s in Cal., and another said a freind of his has a company that dose Q and mine blowes his away. Just need some info on start up cost and min. amount of equipment to get started.
Jeff T
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10 05 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont know much about catering but i stopped at the insurance costs. I was told $ 700-1000 a year by a local company. Crying or Very sad I fold..... Crying or Very sad I`m out....
BBQMAN
BBQ Super All Star

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10 05 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insurance, advertising (I use the Yellowbook, e-mail, snail mail brocures etc.) is a must for a new business. Look into all the costs before getting started. If you do decide to go ahead, invest in GOOD equipment. The backyard guys get good results with just about anything Very Happy (I started with a New Braunfels too!), but you will quickly outgrow that size unit! Very Happy Give us a call or e-mail, happy to share our expierence with you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Catering All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: